Thread: Days gone by

Days gone by

Here are a few projects from 30 years ago. Back then I read an article that said 90% of woodworking involved making a box. I found that to be true. I practiced just making boxes. I made lots of boxes. This led to clocks. I was into clocks for a long time. All kinds of clocks. Most I gave away, but I still have several hanging around. I don't know why the first one is sideways, but I don't know how to fix it. Computers and I are not the best of friends. It is a simple cherry clock that has been hanging in the same spot for 30 years. Though not sideways. 20220805_052906.jpgThe next 2 some of you may recognize from WOOD magazine. I made several of these, but gave most away. These 2 are actually hanging in my garage. No more "clock" space in the house. 20220422_065033 (2).jpg20220416_131658 - Copy.jpgThe walnut one I gave to my son years ago. He managed to knock it off the wall and break it, twice. The parts and pieces have been in a box for over 20 years. I recently got them out and put it back together the best I could. The octagon face is a little cadi-wompus, but it's ok for a garage. The oak one was down at the shop, partially done from 30 years ago. I recently finished making the case, and completed it.20220522_083233.jpgThe mantle clock I also made several of. The case for this clock has been getting kicked around my garage for years. I recently decided to finish it. Amazingly, the hardware kit is still available from Klockit, but for $90, I just made do with what I could find. The cl-atch20220805_055816.jpg20220805_055714.jpg is also one I made a lot of and gave them away. It hangs on the wall, 9" long, or sits on a table. I gave this one a "Wheel Horse" tractor theme. Again, I don't know why some pics get turned.coffee (2).jpgcoffee 2 (2).jpgThe blanket chest / coffee table was made from reclaimed bridge railings. It was some REALLY nice oak, and we got a lot of it. There are also 2 matching side tables.

Hi Greg, thanks for sharing - those all look like pretty cool projects.

Nice clocks. As time goes by!