Thread: cub cadet LTS-1142 TPO

cub cadet LTS-1142 TPO

Went to do my chores today and the TPO would not snap in, it sort of did twice but didnt stick. Left it an hour and it worked a few times then would not come on. My understanding is there is a gap with a spec. On a different model the gap is .012. Im trying to find the spec for that machine. Has anyway adjusted this using feeler gauges and know if the gap on that model is .012.

PTO clutch?
    Bill D.

Is this to drive the mower deck? The belt does stretch out over time. Also, make sure it's routed exactly the correct way. The switch also can be a problem. Several possibilities.

I don't identify what a TPO is. PTO maybe?

My experience with this grade of mower says that belt will only last a couple of hundred hours before it stretches out too much.

sorry guess I got my letters wrong I know its not WTF. I did see a you tube and he said that if the gap is too large the magnets wont pull together. He also said when heated up and then going to use it again it would not engage and it was the gap was larger hot. when i get to it ill check what the gaps are and try reducing them a bit even if I havent found the number. Good point on the belt. I can get a new one tomorrow im sure its more than overdue.

What do you mean this grade of mower I like the mercedes model you have.

We wore several of them out completely. I never had to adjust that gap.

I wore out a toro personal pace in four years. Good to know you never had to adjust it but doesnt rule it out. There is a you tube and that is what it was at least for that model think it was a 38" model.

I still dont know but if there is an adjustable thing and ive never done it it makes sense to check it. I was told the lifters were the hard starting so I followed that and while it wasnt the cause they were way out.

It starts as I turn the key now. Ill get a belt and either get the thing off and check gaps or email the part place and ask. This is a 2009 and I was given it 2 years ago. Been cutting my place and two neighbours next door each time I do here. I know its tired but as I learn a bit I can keep it propped up. Uses no oil since doing that front valve cover gasket. Know its well past spindle time.

Are we talking electric clutch here?
    PTO in my experience is mechanically driven.

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Electric.

Measured 3.7 Ohms so fine. Hot wired it 12 volts worked perfectly. Still would not work off the switch. Cleaned the connectors well works perfectly.

Those switches just plug into a receptacle, and are easy to change, if it's like the ones I'm used to. Electronics cleaner might keep it going for a while, but once they get intermittent, I'd just swap it. Amazon sells them.

wasnt at the switch it was the connector off the PTO to where it joins the next connector on the wiring harness. I dont know you clean those as you cant get a wire brush in, better to cut them off maybe and re join but i used fine files and went from grey to shine. Points fill worked on one and a small pointed diamond file on the other. All good it snaps in better than ever. So thats the second thing same story connectors not taken apart in 13 years. I have a wally wagon that has issues and before another scan on a Tech 2 scanner I shoiuld take all connections apart that I have access to and grounds. I had video taped that car sitting at idle and it did all kinds of bizarre things. Need to be set up to edit all the misbehaving it did on those tapes.

P1790126A.jpg
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 08-06-2022 at 11:53 AM.

I never had one that wasn't completely worn out after five or six years, so I never saw that problem.

I would take the connector apart and connect /disconnect it 10-15 times that should wipe the contacts clean. apply silicone dielectric grease after it is clean.
    Bill D

was given to me by neighbours 2 years ago. Likely sat outside most of its life maybe tarped. I told them I didnt need it, they said try it. I did and turned into a 12 year old with my fist minibike.

Ill expect to have to do work and so far maybe five or six things all fine, lessons as well as maybe some of the problems on the wally wagon are do to the same thing.