Thread: Powermatic 2000B Table saw Opinions

Powermatic 2000B Table saw Opinions

Has anyone bought a new one in the last couple years? Would really like to hear how you are liking it or not. I've watched Kev's you tube videos.
    Over the last 3 years I have updated my major tools with the Powermatic brand. A Lathe, Jointer & Planner and have had no issues at all with them. The table saw update is my last pre-retirement purchase.
    Thanks for your input!
    Jay

Blog Entries
    Enjoying a matching color scheme is fine but not all makers have the best tool for a given category. Festool's sanders are great but their routers routinely fall in the middle of the pack when being tested. Powermatic still makes some fine products but things like their drill presses have way too many bad reviews for the price point. At the 2000B price point you have a pretty open field for table saws that should last decades. It would be good to hear that they resolved their built-in mobile base issues. I would have to really like mustard to endure some of the horror stories I've read. I'm not bad-mouthing Powermatic. I'm just saying that all makers have their good points and their bad. I have a rainbow of colors in my shop and try to shop the best machines from a given maker. Especially for things I expect to last me the rest of my life.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

100% agree Glenn. Open to any brand. I have an older Uni-saw that has treated me right for many years but poor dust collection and is hard to move. Thought about another one but mobility is paramount, it appears have same crummy (my opinion only) single wheel setup.
    Last edited by Jay Rasmussen; 08-04-2022 at 6:28 PM.

Ended up getting the Powermatic, very pleased so far. Fit & finish is excellent. My garage floor has a few significant cracks, the elevation system works very well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks really good. I think you made a good decision. I built a mobile base for my PM2000 because of the lousy built in wheels it came with.