Thread: Free multi-function wood processor

Free multi-function wood processor

Neighbor just offered me this for free. It appears to be a Lurem 210(?). If I don't take it he plans to cut it up for scrap. I don't know if it is 1 or 3 phase at this time. Does it have any value as a tool or is it a boat anchor?

Sorry for the angle of the photo. It is how I took the picture.
    Unknown-5.jpg

Blog Entries
    This forum software is terrible with photos. I don't even bother posting them.

That looks like it's missing a LOT of parts that I'm sure would be difficult to replace.

Is restoring machines something you are capable of and like to do? Lurems were competent machines, and this was a good tool worth having, once - but it's a fair bit of work away from being ready to work wood now. Lotsa work before you have anything, and if there are missing components (I'm betting there are, based on the picture), they could be nearly impossible to source. If he were my neighbor, I'd probably go for it, but I do like restoring old machines just as much as I like making things with them. Your mileage could vary, a lot.
    Last edited by Steve Demuth; 08-04-2022 at 6:55 PM.

Not sure waht happened to my post.
    Is this what the machine is supposed to look like. If so I might save the knives and motor.
    If ths shaper part is still there it might be okay as a shaper with a wood table .
    Bill D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwEHgdl5C8

The company is still in business. No idea when they replaced that model . I doubt they carry any parts for it.
    https://www.lurem-machines-bois.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 08-04-2022 at 10:36 AM.