Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball and fat guys ( like me)

Blog Entries

Mets

Obviously I’m pretty happy with the Mets winning four of five against the Braves. Braves struck out 19 times yesterday, I guess that’s how home run hitting teams go, boom or bust.
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    Obviously I’m pretty happy with the Mets winning four of five against the Braves. Braves struck out 19 times yesterday, I guess that’s how home run hitting teams go, boom or bust.
    Maddux, Glavine, Avery n Smoltz is what it takes to win.... big bats sell tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Duckworth View Post
    great story, you had a pretty cool teacher. I see you're from SW Michigan.... I went to Portage class '72
    Wow , cool, I'm in Portage. Did you go to Northern or Central? I moved here to attend WMU but went to jr high and high school in the armpit of the world, Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Grider View Post
    Wow , cool, I'm in Portage. Did you go to Northern or Central? I moved here to attend WMU but went to jr high and high school in the armpit of the world, Flint.
    central...but I didn't graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Duckworth View Post
    Maddux, Glavine, Avery n Smoltz is what it takes to win.... big bats sell tickets
    Trout and Ohtani sell tickets by the roll, but the Angels will always find a way to lose.
    (Arte Moreno is the Daniel Snyder of baseball.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

My wife and I always go to at least one game in Seattle every year. She loved Trout so we've seen the Angels several times.

This year we're going to see the Braves play in September. They've been my team ever since I was in grade school, when cable TV had 10 channels and one was TBS, which at that time was owned by Ted Turner, who also owned the Braves, and so TBS showed all their games. My mom and I became huge Braves fans at that time and still are.

I saw Atlanta play in Seattle in 2003. Greg Maddux pitched against Gi Meche that day. That was a 3 game series in which Seattle scored a total of 5 runs in 3 games and won two out of three. Atlanta also scored a total of 5 runs in the series. That was some good pitching that weekend!