Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball and fat guys ( like me)

Blog Entries

Baseball and fat guys ( like me)

I love baseball
    I love the Mets
    And now I love Daniel Vogelbach, a fat guy ( like me) who hit a grand slam home run last night proving that fat guys can be good athletes ( unfortunately, while I’m a fat guy, I’m not close to being a good athlete)😊
    Dennis

Same way I feel about seeing a normal size guy like Jose Altuve play. Well, except for that cheating thing.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    I love baseball
    I love the Mets
    And now I love Daniel Vogelbach, a fat guy ( like me) who hit a grand slam home run last night proving that fat guys can be good athletes ( unfortunately, while I’m a fat guy, I’m not close to being a good athlete)
    well, hopefully the next 5 games will restore proper order

Daniel Vogelbach used to play for Seattle. I watch a lot of Mariner's games (local team) and I always liked him. He wasn't a great hitter, but he had power from the left side, and could hit the ball a long ways.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Duckworth View Post
    well, hopefully the next 5 games will restore proper order
    Well you are the world champions but Let’s talk in a week
    Dennis

Blog Entries
    What do the Pirates and Michael Jackson have in common?

They all wear gloves for no apparent reason
    Best Regards, Maurice

Blog Entries
    Fat guy does it again two hits including another homerun
    I love that Showalter brought in Diaz in the eighth inning
    I never thought a baseball manager made much of a difference, I was wrong, Showalter seems to make big difference for the Mets
    Dennis

..they wouldn't have won it though if they hadn't scored more runs than the Braves.....

good game

Blog Entries
    Well the “fat” guy (6’ & 270 pounds) went 0 for 2 last night and the Mets lost 😠. I have to say the Braves do have some bats! Scherzer and DeGrom coming up, it’ll be a challenge for them and for the Brave batters,should be fun.
    Dennis

first game........... 4 - 6
    second game....... 9 - 6

total runs scored...13 -12.....Braves lead NLEast by 1 point...fat guy gets honorable mention

My Cards beat the "other" NY team last night in a comeback crowned by Paul DeJong's RBI double. No fat guy heroics, but Helsley, our lights out closer kept the Yanks "fat guy" Judge from regaining the lead in the 9th. Of course it's a stretch to say 6'8" 270 lb. Judge is a fat guy but I'm not going to miss the opp to beat the drum. Go Cards!
    Lawrence, looks like we'll have a showdown towards the end of the month. I don't hate the Braves, but sorry Dennis, imo nothing worthwhile in baseball or other arena's comes from NY$$.

Blog Entries

Go Mets😊

Mets take two from the Braves, DeGrom goes today. Can I even dream that they can take 4 of 5 from the Braves?
    I’ve been a Met fan since they started, Tom Seaver is by far my favorite Met, and will always be, but Vogelbach is quickly becoming my favorite current Met👏
    Dennis

.....I wouldn't bet against the Mets this year.

Jon...... in my early years I was a Detroit fan and can still remember most of the '68 starting lineup.

I was in the ninth grade of a 4A school when some idiot thought it wise to give the SAT tests the same week as the World Series (St.Louis vs Detroit). I snuck a transistor radio in my shirt pocket and listened to the game
    with an earpiece hidden from view as I was pretending to hold my head up. I filled two pages of dotted answer sheets; you remember those - the ones with all the dots. I remember on the first page of answer dots I made an image of a monkey and on the second page I made an image of a sailboat. .....There's a lot more to this story --

Lawrence, Although I'm a lifelong Michigander, my father from NE Arkansas raised my brothers and I as Cardinal fans. I was lucky to have a JR. High teacher that was an avid Tiger fan so he brought in a B&W TV and "allowed" us to watch the 68 series. Naturally I was outnumbered by Tiger fans and shot my mouth off when the Cards were up 3 games to 1. I'm still eating crow 54 years later. The Detroit Free Press had a full page color ad depicting a Tiger swallowing a Cardinal after game 7. My best friend had it taped to our front door early the next morning to rub salt in the wound.

Love your story! Would like to hear the rest. Sorry Dennis forgive the slight hijack. BTW, Cards swept Yankees for the first time in MLB history. They are playing well, and have an easy schedule except for the Braves on 8-26,27,28.

great story, you had a pretty cool teacher. I see you're from SW Michigan.... I went to Portage class '72
    Last edited by Lawrence Duckworth; 08-07-2022 at 8:06 PM. Reason: oh yeah.... go Braves :)