Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

1 Aug 2022
    Greetings,
    Yes, I'm running a bit behind this week. No work in the shop but I've been getting work done around the house. The lawn work and I did deliver my son's queen bed and that's now off my list of things to get done. Now, I'm revamping a bedroom in my house to make ready for my Army son who's coming home to stay in a couple of weeks. So it's paint, caulk, paint, fix walls, sand, paint, clean the carpet and set the room up for when he arrives home.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Glad to see that you got that beautiful bed delivered, Dennis. I particularly liked the proud tenon detail as I mentioned elsewhere. It's nice that your Army son will be at home with you soon...I'm sure the familiar will be helpful to him for whatever comes next.

I spent time in the shop this past week/weekend. Yes, you hear that right...I was even working on an ACTUAL project. 'Took advantage of a few days where mother nature was slightly more kind with the temp and humidity and spent a few hours every day working on what I'm going to call the "scrap vanity", which is a replacement vanity for our guest bathroom. The existing one is falling apart because it was cheaply made and not installed properly by the previous homeowner. It's gotta go...and I'll be doing a mini-renovation of the room at the same time to update it. The reason I'm calling this the "scrap vanity" is because that's pretty much what I'm building it from. LOL There are lots of leftover pieces of BB and other multi-ply plywood plus a bunch of poplar offcuts and shorts that volunteered to become a vanity. I'll be doing a succinct build thread for this when I get around to it. At this moment in time, the vanity itself is built and partially sanded. I need to do two drawer boxes next and will do so once I have the slides I ordered. These drawers are the "fancy part" since they need relief to fit around the plumbing. I'll be reusing the existing counter and fixtures as they are perfectly fine...it's just the vanity that, um...really bites...and needs replaced. And the ancient toilet. And a few missing tiles. And the wall that backs up the vanity and toilet. And the trim. And the paint. Err...well...it's a typical renovation
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...