D4BB1094-C6BE-46C1-8F4B-F5AFF9CB98A9.jpeg

This morning, I was trying to resaw and I was getting significant drift on a blade with some hours on it. I learned to install blades with overhang up to the gullets, so just the teeth are good exposed. I’ve never gotten the life out of a blade I thought I should.

I resaw hardwood to about 1/16 veneers about 4 to 6 inches in height using 1/2” and 3/4” blade The blade in the photo is a fresh blade I put on a few min. ago. I probably won’t adjust until I have some feedback.

This photo is of the upper wheel on my MM16 bandsaw, showing significantly more (for me) overhang. I usually bury the blade right up to the gullet, but as you can see, there is more than that exposed. I ran a few test pieces and they came out fine. Someone along the way, wrote in a forum that if you run blades down the center on flat wheels you will chew up the wheels. If that’s true, and you overhang the teeth,
isn’t it possible with high tension you could make the blade concave as the teeth are not supported? Even if the teeth don’t overhang as much as above? FYI the bottom wheel pretty much sets itself mimicking the top when I adjust.

So, flat wheel bandsaw owners, what do you run and what location on the upper wheel do you ace the teeeth relative to the wheel? Overhang? Center , flush with the front? ThanKs ahead of time!