Thread: Grizzly scratch and dent sale

Grizzly scratch and dent sale

Well after running to Grizzlys scratch and dent sale saturday in Springfield, MO., heres what I came home with. I hadn't planed on this as we rode in a car, and had to disassemble this 4 bag unit to get it in the trunk and back seat. My friends toyota was FULL!
    After wanting to replace my older collector, which was not made for chips, just dust, and doing lots of research trying to change the impeller to make it work better, I ran across a 4-bag unit, 4 hp motor, 3500 something rated CFM, [ twice the output that I have]. I stripped the unit and gave all the bags and brackets and stand away. All I needed is the unit.
    After what seems like 40 miles of walking through nothing but solid bodies at the frantic sale, going through two different pay lines, 45 minutes each, wearing my feet completely out, heres what I ended up with at less than half of catalog price. The only thing wrong with it was the paint was scratched up in a spot or two.
    First two pics show my present unit, next two are the new unit, which I have to make a stand for and get the piping coupled together after a visit to the sheet metal shop.
    I wonder if this welded in guard on the suction side will create problems with long skinny planings? Plugging up the intake? I have a very small roll around unit I use ocassionally that had one of these in it, and it constantly plugged with pine shavings? Ideas? Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve Clardy; 07-21-2003 at 10:43 AM. Reason: wrong pic