Thread: What kind of unholy thread is this!

What kind of unholy thread is this!

I'm setting up some pneumatic lines and I've come across a thread size I haven't seen before in quick disconnect fittings; and because I haven't gotten a grasp yet of how odd pipe sizes work I thought I should ask before I started ordering random parts, which is my usual MO.

I need a fitting that fits the thread in the first picture and plugs into my regular quick connect air hoses. The part (for comparison) underlined in red is labeled a 1/4" male connector by the kit it came in, and although it looks like it'd fit the hole it doesn't. So, does that make the one that does something like a 1/8"? I'm not even sure if quick connect fittings come with that size thread. Everything that comes up when I search for 1/8" is a push to connect fitting.

I know I could just put a hose over the barb, clamp and call it a day. But that still requires getting more parts, and if possible I'd rather have it fit into what I've already got.

IMG-1783.jpg

IMG-1784.jpg
    If the end of the world ever comes move to Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years later. ~ Mark Twain
    History began on July 4, 1776. Everything before that was a mistake. ~ Ron Swanson
    The economy of what you say lends more to it's meaning than the depth of it's exclamation.
    If you need a tool and don't get it, you paid for not having it and you still don't have it.

NPT 1/16 and 1/8 are both 27 TPI
    1/4 and 3/8 are both 18 TPI.
    What is the part, where and when was it made? Are you sure it is not British or metric. I think BSP is 55 degree.
    Many water meters use 5/8 pipe because no one sells fittings making it impossible to tap into the line with out an easy to spot hack job.
    Bill D.

https://www.engineersedge.com/hardwa...pe-threads.htm

Blog Entries
    Bills info + A thread gauge will help.

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 7.15.30 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 07-31-2022 at 8:23 PM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Watch out for those ebay thread guages. I got one set that was all whitworth and metric. Had to buy another one to get USA thread forms. Whitworth was good to have to verify my Taiwan Mill/drill was NC bolts not whitworth or metric like I was expecting.
    Bill D

There are DIN pipe threads but no one uses them . German cars use NPT or British pipe threads for oil senders etc.
    Bill D

Link to basic thread ID

https://trimantec.com/blogs/t/thread...fication-guide

I winder if that is a 1/4" tubing connection on the straight threaded side.
    Bill D