Thread: cub cadet backing up too slow

cub cadet backing up too slow

I posted a while back on the cub cadet and all the mcgiver repairs have been great. thanks for help and logic on those repairs. Now its instant start zero oil smell level never goes down and its been great. Just dug flowers for a neighbour and have the trailer on and I could drive over weeping tiles load and will just drive on the street several blocks over.

Has the wrong blades but fine for now, one bent I straightened not ideal. The 21" proper ones would not fit over the start so sharpened the old ones and put them back on for now needs blades and spindles and likely more but it works great and the work gets done. I saw the post on better blades and will find it.

IS there a way I can by pass some speed control on the reverse? I get its a safety feature and at times good to have it, same time at times its painfully slow and would like to speed it up if possible. I think I saw something on the net a while back where you can speed up the forward speed and I dont really need that other than if I put an LT-1 in or maybe a Tesla Motor.

Is this hydrostat and is the slow reverse always been or something new?

Hydrastatic given to me at 13 years old.

P1780724a.jpg

If it has a separate pedal for reverse look and see if it has an adjustment on the linkage to the directional valve. It will look like a small tie rod or similar. If there is adjustment there try lengthening it presuming it pushes the rod when depressing the pedal. If it pulls it then shortening would be needed. Something to check and try. While I know it's not unusual for reverse to be limited that doesn't mean there aren't work arounds. If it is just lacking power in reverse it could be a relief valve. They are serviceable though.