Thread: New Mafell Track saw - couple of questions

New Mafell Track saw - couple of questions

Hi folks!

I just got a new Mafell tracksaw - the MT55cc. where I am from the saw blades are incredibly expensive. I was wondering if anyone know if any of the aftermarket blades you see on online stores with rainforest inspired names would work? I've had decent experience in the past with Freud but I don't know if any of there blades are compatible

lastly, I use the tracksaw on a festool rail. the tracksaw has a function that you can adjust the depth gauge for whether it is on the track or off. it adjusts the depth by about 5-6 mm. that seems like an awfully thick track. was wondering if the adjustment is really calibrated for the track or is it a rough estimate.

Thanks,
    Assaf

Blog Entries
    I would measure the arbor size and see if Tenryu has one. They are fantastic.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Assaf Oppenheimer View Post
    Hi folks!

I just got a new Mafell tracksaw - the MT55cc. where I am from the saw blades are incredibly expensive. I was wondering if anyone know if any of the aftermarket blades you see on online stores with rainforest inspired names would work? I've had decent experience in the past with Freud but I don't know if any of there blades are compatible

lastly, I use the tracksaw on a festool rail. the tracksaw has a function that you can adjust the depth gauge for whether it is on the track or off. it adjusts the depth by about 5-6 mm. that seems like an awfully thick track. was wondering if the adjustment is really calibrated for the track or is it a rough estimate.

Thanks,
    Assaf
    I've got the cordless version of that saw. Haven't found any aftermarket blades for it, but I haven't really looked either. Mafell accessories are terribly overpriced IMO and any time you can buy an off brand go for it. I have bosch tracks, clamps, and metabo batteries for it. All exact same as mafell but with different stickers and 1/2 the price.

As for the offset, that sounds about right. If you want to check it just make two cuts that aren't full depth. One with the limiter up, and one with it down, then measure the difference and you''l have your exact.