Thread: Renewing Broadband phone sharp practice

Renewing Broadband phone sharp practice

I live in the Uk but I think the same practice may apply in the Usa

My internet and broadband package was due to end on the 4th August

On 19th July I telephone the internet company and agreed a new package On receiving the e mail confirming the sale I discovered the following

The new package runs from 19th July the date of the telephone call and not 5th August the first day after my existing contract expires
    I have checked with the regulator in the Uk and this practice is legal

My advise
    Negotiate your new contract price before you your old contract expires but don't renew until the day before your old contract expires Otherwise you will loose the outstanding days of your old contract from 22nd July until 4th August
    Last edited by Brian Deakin; 07-26-2022 at 3:51 AM.

Costco does this with memberships. When you renew they backdate it to when it expired. We only go once a month or less so we lose a moth or two every year. I am not sure if we can apply new each time instead and not lose the time. We let it lapse since my wife often goes with her girlfriend and they no longer have free covid snacks for me. Their tool aisle is poor, poor poor.
    Bill D

Bill, demonstrations and samples have been back at Costco for some time now...I was just there and enjoyed three delicious treats. Even bought one item.

Brian...good advise on something to look out for.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'm going to be watching out for this going forward, I'm amazed its legal. You are being conned out of days and hence money

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Costco does this with memberships. When you renew they backdate it to when it expired. We only go once a month or less so we lose a moth or two every year. I am not sure if we can apply new each time instead and not lose the time. We let it lapse since my wife often goes with her girlfriend and they no longer have free covid snacks for me. Their tool aisle is poor, poor poor.
    The last time my Costco membership expired I waited the two or three months until the waiting period had passed. I mainly use my Costco membership from April to October for doing concessions once a month. It had expired in something like January.