Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S7 or Exact 63?

Bought myself a Delta RJ42 with Shelix cutter head for $1200 USD

Guy came and paid deposit for the Felder AD951. all goes well I should have the S7 in September.

my S7 will come with a powered scissor table extension (1200mm x 630mm). I think this option alone is $2000 USD/Euro.

That is a great deal on the jointer in the states, let alone your neck of the woods. I haven’t used an RJ42, but I’ve been around 3-4 of them at auctions. They appeared to be good machines. Nice long tables and thick table castings. Does yours have the nonsegmented infeed/outfeed lip? That’s maybe the one complaint against the design. In the end, I think that feature only reduces noise emission, so not the end of the world. The chamfered table corners are a nice touch.

That planer sounds like it will be a dream. I’ve seen that outfeed table on Martin planers and a used Kolle planer.

Congrats Albert!

I know we were talking about it before and I am excited you ordered it. I expect another video demo!

PK

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kane View Post
    That is a great deal on the jointer in the states, let alone your neck of the woods. I haven’t used an RJ42, but I’ve been around 3-4 of them at auctions. They appeared to be good machines. Nice long tables and thick table castings. Does yours have the nonsegmented infeed/outfeed lip? That’s maybe the one complaint against the design. In the end, I think that feature only reduces noise emission, so not the end of the world. The chamfered table corners are a nice touch.

That planer sounds like it will be a dream. I’ve seen that outfeed table on Martin planers and a used Kolle planer.
    Mine comes with non segmented infeed outfeed lip... a bit noisy but livable.

Thanks Paul! the workshop is a mess but here are a couple of pics

The table is 2600mm/102 inches!

Delta.jpg

side by side.jpg

That Delta is a "beast"...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I had never heard of that Delta before, and now I see one at auction close by. Well, two days drive, but still…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quenneville View Post
    I had never heard of that Delta before, and now I see one at auction close by. Well, two days drive, but still…
    They are rebadged invictas.

different machines I know but still remind me of each other the boxy shape they are. This one from the Craftwood Auction when it was closed.

P1190084A.jpg

They do seem pretty artless compared to classic old wwm. I imagine it, the thicknesser and a green Altendorf panel saw might go for a combined 4K US. Plus fees. It’s tempting…
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Greg Quenneville; 08-01-2022 at 1:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quenneville View Post
    They do seem pretty artless compared to classic old wwm. I imagine it, the thicknesser and a green Altendorf panel saw might go for a combined 4K US. Plus fees. It’s tempting…
    I think they are ok. They weight about 600kg. I like mine. It’s solidly built. Hard to move though if you have no headroom for a forklift.

pry bar and pipe, if the pipe is long enough it will also slide on the pipe. best on a smooth floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    pry bar and pipe, if the pipe is long enough it will also slide on the pipe. best on a smooth floor.
    I used that to move my double mitre saw years ago. looks like this maybe the only option.

if your floor is smooth ill come over and do it for you. realize its a bit of a drive.

You need a decent pry bar and some number of pipe. It works so easy, if the pipe is larger easier still. I have this special pry bar and need to post it here sometime so we can figure what it is, friend gave it to me he didnt know where he got it. I think it was made by a Samurai guy. I lost it once for four years and friends got tired of hearing me wine about it, even put me in therapy then one day rebuilding a roof section it fell out of the soffit. The mystery was answered after four years of looking. better than winning the lottery, Okay close.

I think it came from the auto industry, I modified it when I got and should have taken photos right away. Not for sure. I moved the 2,500 lb bandsaw with it half an inch at a time 20 feet. Rough floor 9 feet tall no way I was going to try and roll that floor is rough and too uneven.

Yeah, that was a favourite ploy of my father. But there was plenty of stout black iron pipe back then, and good pry bars. He even had a pry bar with steel wheels and a long handle. It may have come from the old New York Central station in Windsor, Ont.

The galvanised noodles I see here pretending to be pipe would collapse under my weight, let alone a 600 kg machine