Thread: intarsia tree very detailed black walnut

intarsia tree very detailed black walnut

found this tree scene for an intarsia project , printed the diagram full size and used logic trace 2018 to digitize the paper diagram and produce a *.dxf file for a multi layer CO2 laser cut using black walnut different shades (light and dark)

https://stankern.vids.io/videos/449e...d-black-walnut
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work.
    GARY ROBERTS
    ShopBot Desk Top
    Full Spectrum 60 Watt Pro

thanks a lot

I like your intarsia project Stan. I recently received two new moving skeleton plans in the mail and will start digitizing them soon.

moving skeleton sounds interesting

Nice work Stan. So maybe you've said and I have missed it. I presume that with all these projects you are running a business. Dumb question or thought huh? Either that or you have a mansion that you are still putting art work in the various rooms. What wattage is your CO2 laser?

Nice job Stan, I always love looking at your work
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I have a very small business, retired from nuclear power been in woodworking since 1982 and yes i have a shop full of displayed projects
    Where i live people are not interested in custom, they buy everything on line (cheap)
    Sometimes i give pieces away and its a shame but some of my 855 completed boats go to landfill--no body want them
    Lasers i have a 150 co2 laser and a new 300 metal non metal being set up
    Its a passion and large hobby

You should consider offering your services to commercial companies. Serving individuals has never worked for me, they usually are unable or unwilling to pay the price for custom work. The hard part is building your company resume' as it takes time to get enough jobs behind you to be able to bid large contracts. Construction companies are a good market, the ones that build custom buildings are always in need of local businesses that are able to assist with special projects.