Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the Grizzly Polar Bear Series?

Eric, I'm with you on the white preference and for me, that's regardless of brand. Functionally it doesn't matter for sure...but some of us have brains that are more comfortable with "the look" when it's uniform in some way. And, as you note, white produces smoother ice. Err....well...you know how things evolve when you pass them around the campfire.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I think Grizzly is cutting back on the amount of versions of Grizzly tools they sell. Along with the Polar Bear series they also have their Extreme series, Z series, and Anniversary series line of Grizzly tools. Without a good description what's different (other than color) it's hard to know what you're paying for. Grizzly no longer sells my bandsaw (19" with a foot brake). I think it's because they had too many different versions and wanted to simplify their lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Grass View Post
    Paint color preys on our desire to have things that match. Just got a very lightly used dishwasher and microwave off CL for that very reason.

And I'll 'plus' whatever on the sea ice comment :-)
    A few months ago I used my Sherwin Williams paint color matcher doodad to match paint to my Felder machines. Now the new device matches. Cost a few bucks. Just sayin...

Took this picture of a polar bear in 2017. Not sure what my guide thought of it, he's still running away. Smart guide. Photographer - not so much.
    Polar Bear.jpg
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.