Thread: Help transfer photos from gmail to this site

Help transfer photos from gmail to this site

I have taken a few digital photos and sent them to my gmail. They are jpg but I can not save them into my computer so I can send them here. It wants me to open it with cloud convert which I have never used.
    I just want to save it to my computer so I can link it. I can send the mail to others but not just the photo.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I have taken a few digital photos and sent them to my gmail. They are jpg but I can not save them into my computer so I can send them here. It wants me to open it with cloud convert which I have never used.
    I just want to save it to my computer so I can link it. I can send the mail to others but not just the photo.
    Bill D
    when you open the email click on the thumb nail and download it. then go to your downloads and save it where you want

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Bill D
    What. Can't connect to your Cloud account?

I share them from my phone to Google Drive under the heading of "Shop Projects". I then select the picture an right click download. When I go to post I just click select from computer and go to my download folder to select and upload to site. Hope this helps.

I always drag and drop photos on my in a Gmail message to a file on my computer, then drag them into a photo editor to straighten, crop, edit, and resize as desired before saving to my “For Posting” folder tree. This might sound like too many steps but it saves the original as well as a file more suitable for posting on various forums (or sending by email). I’m using one of several Win 10 computers.

I don’t use any cloud services and don’t know anything about them except that I declined to let them store of handle any files. I save and synchronize files between devices with a dedicated NAS system and back up to multiple high capacity disk and digital drives.

You might get more specific responses if you described the hardware, OS, and browser you are using. For example, Win lets you define the software to always use to open a specific file extension.

I as able to save it somewhere. It did not say where but I found it buried in the download file.
    BilL D

Click on the photo in gmail. There will be an arrow pointing down. Click on that arrow, and it will put a little box down on the bottom. Open a Pictures folder you want to put it in. Drag and drop that box on the bottom of the gmail screen into that Pictures folder. You can now put it here from that Pictures folder, but I still don't know how to orient it correctly for these forums. They work fine everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    ... but I still don't know how to orient it correctly for these forums. They work fine everywhere else.
    Open the photo in a photo editing program (Photoshop works, as does much simpler programs such as Irfanview (which I use just for this purpose)). Then save the photo (or crop and rotate it if need be). It will display just fine on Sawmill Creek then. As I recall (there's a thread on this here somewhere) it has to do with the exif data, but whatever as long as it displays properly here.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I'm not taking time to do that just for here. They display fine on all the other forums I'm on.

Blog Entries
    I often send photos taken on my phone directly to my computer using bluetooth.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute