Thread: All Star game - players mic up - pretty cool

All Star game - players mic up - pretty cool

I don't usually watch the All Star game but I turned it on tonight. I'm lovin' the players in the game being miccd (sp?) up. The announcers are talking to the players as they play. They had a pitcher talking live while he pitched. The plate umpire is wearing a camera on his mask. Pretty neat to see his perspective of the pitch.

Kudos to Fox Sports for bring the "inside the game" perspective out to the viewer.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Brian, thats interesting. I was just saying how much I didn't like that distraction.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Brian, thats interesting. I was just saying how much I didn't like that distraction.
    My reaction as well. I don't want to be part of the game. I want to watch the game.

Given that we allow betting on sports now, (HUGE mistake IMO), I can imagine infinite ways that this could be used nefariously. I totally understand that this is the All Star game but the technology is being tested for regular games.

Do
    Not
    It.

Just play ball.

Blog Entries
    I’m another who just wants to watch the game . I’m a Mets fan and they are always interviewing people during the game, the worst was when they were interviewing some 60 year old guy and they were taking about when he was a batboy
    Dennis

To be clear, I'm not advocating for this to become part of the game of baseball. But I enjoyed getting the inside view during a real (ish) game. I mostly liked the umpire cam but hearing the pitcher/catcher work a batter was neat too.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I understood Brian. I just have a hard enough time taking the All-Star game seriously as a competition.
    < insert spurious quote here >