Thread: Is amazon search function now backwards

Is amazon search function now backwards

Is the amazon search function now working backwards? I am looking for 3 oz cartridges of grease. So put in -14 and -14.1. This results in lots of 14 and 14.1 oz results. I need NLGI 1. so I put in -"NLGI 2". and -2. Getting lots of NLGI 2 results.
    Yes I realize having a space or not makes a difference. It just seems like the more limiters I include the more results, not less, I get. I know Home Depot site is unsearchable for this reason. backward search function.
    They seem to think I will buy something as long as they have something with. a term I am using one way or another.
    Bill D

Search worked fine for me. I just typed in 3 oz nlg1grease cartridges.

https://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-106...ps%2C78&sr=8-8

I saw those NGLI #2. is thicker then the desired NGLI #1. You did better then me only 3 of five are 14 ounce size
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 07-20-2022 at 1:17 AM.

I almost always have better luck using Google to search for something on Amazon than using Amazon's own search function (which is probably driven by Google, but doesn't seem to work as well). I find the same to be true at other sellers' sites - e.g. Home Depot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I saw those NGLI #2. is thicker then the desired NGLI #1. You did better then me only 3 of five are 14 ounce size
    Bill D
    I thought they were NLG1. Weird because it says NLG1 in a box and then below that which I missed was NLG2. I am not seeing any 3 oz in NLG1. Maybe get a 14 oz tube and refill your 3 oz tube? Messy for sure.

Amazon search sucks. it seems to think that if you search for something it knows better than you what you want. I find it gets confused if you use too many words. Now ebay seems to have followed suit. In the past any word you typed in the search box had to be in the results. Now even using " " around the word or group of words doesn't work. I agree with Gary, using Google works a little better.