I've not been successful getting a VCarve moulding toolpath to cut a 1-degree slope down a butterfly key. The response from Vectric follows. Has anyone ever tried doing this with or without a tapered EM tool? I've already succeeded in cutting the butterfly keys and the mating mortises with straight shoulders, but I'd like to eliminate the glue line (the closest I've gotten so far is .002 on each side while still being able to drive the key into the mortise, and that leaves a visible glue line).

The reason you are seeing the moulding strategy toolpath this far over is due to a combination of the boundary offset and the
tool dimensions. You can limit this by just adding a vertical 'leg span' to the bottom of the profile, choosing not to boundary
offset and selecting a much smaller stepover as shown in the following video - https://www.screencast.com/t/dS6JIonP

It is possible to achieve this Jeff using either the moulding or Chamfer strategies, but really we wouldn't recommend doing
this as it's not an efficient way of cutting this if you are requiring many parts. The most straightforward way of doing this would
be to source a tapered EM tool of the angle required and applying a straight profile toolpath to a vector representing the
base of the butterfly key ( so that it tapers from bottom to top ).