Thread: My Version of the Hundred Ton Roller

My Version of the Hundred Ton Roller

A little back ground first. I have a backyard plant nursery, and it's over 200 feet from water spigot, which means a lot of hoses to run. Very little water pressure at hose end, so I'm added an IBC Tote, pump and pressure tank near nursery. Tote, when filled with water (275 gal.) weighs in. at about 2400 pounds. I'm building a pad of stone to support Tote, pressure tank and pump. Pad will be washed stone (#57.) First I needed to level up area (5' X 8') with some fill dirt. To compact dirt, I used a hand truck loaded with three concrete blocks as a roller to tamp dirt into place. Works as good as a plate tamp, and at no cost. Make sure tires are fully pumped up with air for maximum benefits.

I have two of the IBC totes behind my barn. They catch rain water from the roof gutters and I bought a cheap well pump to provide the pressure necessary to get the water about 100 feet to my garden. I also use the IBC totes for pressure washing chores connecting the pump to my pressure washer with long lengths of hose.