Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mobile base for Minimax FS41 Elite?

I use the Grizzly Mobile base for my SCM 41. The stock mobility would be great except I need to drive my machine the other way to park it against the wall. The larger grizzly mobile base handles the weight just fine for me to pull it in and out, spin it around etc. I dont take the machine on long walks or nature hikes but I havent had any issues with the grizzly base yet.

Hi Len, how about a semi- live skid design?

Mini-Max will sell a wheel kit and tow bar for it, or you can make one yourself….Regards, Rod

I have a Hammer slider on order. I intend to build a mobile base for it, due to it going in my garage and a need to keep everything mobile. The base will be be built with an angle iron frame, just large enough to trap the machine's footprint and any outfeed table legs I go with. I'll fit the frame with some 3/4 ply and there will be adjustable casters on each corner. I'm thinking the iron will be 2.5X2.5X3/8. You could easily make something similar for the Minimax.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Rosenberg View Post
    How would the Zambus casters be attached to the base?
    There is a hole at the bottom of each leg that the stems go into.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Runde View Post
    There is a hole at the bottom of each leg that the stems go into.
    But the J/Ps don't have "legs" as I brought up previously. The four corners are not necessarily even identical...they are not on my MiniMax J/P and they are open on the bottom. Caster solutions like the Zambus do need a way to mount them and for the machine being discussed, that would require modification and welding.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...