Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aspects of life you enjoy more than you should

1.) Bringing something back to life (a human).
    2.) A good glass of single malt scotch (not while doing #1)
    3.) Also KFC Original Recipe
    4.) Nathan's original Coney Island hot dogs with cole slaw on a Martin's potato roll (ahhhh.....)
    5.) The Red Sox finally winning the World Series
    6.) Humiliating a Ferrari owner in my Tesla Plaid (okay, I really don't do this often, but it's amazing.) And I don't do it to Lambo owners, because...
    7.) Having my electric utility pay me for electricity.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    What is EDTA?
    I've never thought electrolysis to be dangerous. It's just washing soda and a battery charger.

If you use a stainless steel electrode the liquid becomes loaded with hazardous chromium compounds. The big problem is hard steel can get brittle. Not sure if it is hydrogen embitterment or something else. I have heard of high test link chains breaking from the process. Is it safe with Aluminum or wood? Since it uses a basic solution I doubt it
    I did try it on a lifting link chain hoist that was rust frozen. I do not know how bad it was under the rust but the chain broke apart at several places after it was cleaned by electrolysis. It was probably bad to begin with but not bad enough to fall apart when I put it in the mixture.
    Bill D

1. Watching how much my dog throughly enjoys chasing a ball.

2. That moment when a fish takes the bait

3. Being out of debt

. . . more than I should

watching Japanese beetles die.

watching the Yankees lose. Actually no, I'll take that one back. I enjoy that every bit as much as I should.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Good food.

Times when folks are actually courteous with each other, even when they disagree

How my younger daughter's SO is such a good dude.

Having been able to retire at age 60.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Finally being fully retired. Waking up with no “responsibilities “. Having a fully equipped shop. Concluding that being useful is not all its cracked up to be.

Using my bulldozer. Everytime I do I wonder why I waited so long to use it. Nothing but bruit force. A rock in your way, push it out of your way. A tree you don't like, push it down and then push it out of the way. Thank god it's loud enough so people can't hear the words coming out of my mouth. It's bad enough now where if I'm in a bad mood the wife tells me to hop on it for a half hour.

Blog Entries
    Working with my ten year old grandson in the shop. Believe it or not, one of his favorite things to do is sanding
    Dennis

young teenager across street asked me about shop a few weeks ago invited him in, and he asked if he could watch, he now is playing with one of my wood lathes, kids got a nice smile, and manners, and wants to learn a whole lot more, see if i can get him hooked till he really discovers .
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 07-21-2022 at 10:05 AM.

Being retired, only working around the house till noon. Then it's hot, and I'm inside. Taking a nap between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM

Sipping on a good whiskey and enjoying a good cigar while enjoying the cloud formations.

Sitting on my back porch, listening to nature, watching the birds to go the myriad feeders.

Enjoying furniture you build and actually use.

McCallums Double Cask 12yr old. In very moderate quantities!!

The first are off Tom Laughin plans, the second modified Michael Fortune garden chair.

IMG_1941.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg

Taking something apart before I trash/recycle it. My mother would bring me old clocks from Goodwill just so I could take them apart. Now it's washers, old chairs, mattresses, .....
    Using a piece of wood I've kept for 30 years.
    Burning a piece of wood I've kept for 30 years.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gresham View Post
    Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid is an aminopolycarboxylic acid with the formula [CH₂N₂]₂. This white, water-soluble solid is widely used to bind to iron and calcium ions. It binds these ions as a hexadentate chelating agent. EDTA is produced as several salts, notably disodium EDTA, sodium calcium edetate, and tetrasodium EDTA.
    Kind of a broad brush explanation. How about a little detail?
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    Sitting on my back porch, listening to nature, watching the birds to go the myriad feeders.

Enjoying furniture you build and actually use.

McCallums Double Cask 12yr old. In very moderate quantities!!

The first are off Tom Laughin plans, the second modified Michael Fortune garden chair.

IMG_1941.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg

WOW- fantastic chairs. If I owned those, the first two would be my scotch chairs and the second two would be my bourbon chairs.

And I would never feel like I enjoyed either of them too much.