Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

11 Jul 2022

Greetings,
    Seems like all I have to say currently is it's hot and humid and I'm not getting any shop time because of the heat, but that's the truth.

Been working several projects for the day job and getting some things done along the way. I feel like I'm finally getting "onboard" at the new job and feeling like I'm contributing to the team and the company now.
    No real woodworking to speak of in the past week but I hope to do a bit before long.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

'Glad things are going well for you at the new day-job, Dennis, and I do hope you have some days were the temps don't keep you out of the shop. I kinda understand that at the moment given my temp shop is unconditioned, but your heat is much worse.

This past week had a little woodworking activity as i had to cut a few things for a friend on the CNC. I also "delivered" the coffee table project to my daughter and her SO. On the weekend, I prepared for the new DC system by installing a dedicated 240v circuit and moved a bunch of scrap out of the corner where it will go and back to the lumber tent. (yes, my lumber stash is currently in a tent in the backyard pending the new shop building later in the year) I ordered one quick connect hose adapter today so that I can easily hook up the new unit once it arrives, which is likely Thursday based on tracking.

Today I worked on a box for the same friend as the CNC work mentioned...it will also get some CNC treatments before assembly, but he has an injury to a finger that left him with no feeling so doing the woodworking part for the box isn't something he can do now. So I'm butchering some of his wallnut for him.

The moment I'm done with that box, I'll be de-installing the SDD and Delta blower that's up on the wall and preparing it for sale as it will no longer be needed when the G700 arrives.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My reinforcements to our blueberry enclosure have been effective against the birds, but the squirrels forced their way in and got a few berries before Mary spotted them and chased them away. I added additional reinforcements. Mary swears she saw the squirrels with little tool belts on and some small power tools planning another attempt. Fortunately the berries are just about done for this year. When I build the new enclosure in its new location I will have to make it a lot more robust. Then the raccoons (I assume) have started dragging away the mouse bait stations from around the house. And these are not the little stations, they are 10" square or so. We found one floating in the pond, one on the deck, and another in the middle of the yard. I guess I am going to have to stake them down. I know we live in the middle of the animals' land, but it seems like a constant battle to keep them at bay. Then we went to an Akron Rubber Ducks game (local minor league team) and Mary got bombed, twice, by pigeons up in the structure! I told her the squirrels had put out a hit on her OK, enough whining about nature.

I finished up the redo of the family room except for installing the baseboards; I'll put those in after the new carpet is laid. Got all the flooring in the hallway finished and am in the process of hanging the door jambs in the closet. Then I just have the baseboard in the hallway to finish and that project gets crossed off the list. Well, we're probably going to replace the shelves in the closet with giant roll-outs, but still thinking about that.

Jeeves, our roborock robot vacuum/mop joined the household staff this week. He's been busy vacuuming and mopping ever since. I must say I am impressed with how good a job he does. I won't miss that chore.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    M
    Jeeves, our roborock robot vacuum/mop joined the household staff this week. He's been busy vacuuming and mopping ever since. I must say I am impressed with how good a job he does. I won't miss that chore.
    Monk and Natalie approve of Jeeves joining your household staff. Monk takes care of the ground floor and Natalie handles the upper floor.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Cored some Bradford Pear. First set turned out very nice. Second set, well I lost the big bowl because of poor tool selection. I use the McNaughton coring tools. I'm sure there was other stuff. I don't remember.

Planed down a couple hundred BF of Red Oak.
    Ripped it down to pieces 1 1/2" wide by roughly 48 inches long.
    Cut those pieces down to pieces 18" long with one 9" piece.

Next comes the router to make rails and stiles.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon