Thread: Nice router table score

Nice router table score

I’m rearranging my shop soon and will no longer have my trusty table saw extension wing router table, but rather a stand alone router table that I’ll station next to my shaper. I picked up a nice condition Rockler table last week which will work but my real score was a couple days ago. Saw a marketplace post with bad pictures and what turned out to be erroneous description. Ad said router table with Bosch router with Incra lift. Didn’t look right to me but I thought worth a look see for $125. Went the next day and it turned out to be a Woodpecker PRL V1 lift with a Porter Cable 7518 VS router, both of which came with the accessories. Quickly paid the man, and sold the table the next day for $90 after I put an new plate on the table. I don’t think that’s too bad for $35! Need to go through both items and clean it up a bit but I’m excited! Never had a proper router lift. Anyone have any tips on this older PRL?

I have been using a Hitachi 3.5hp router with a Router Raizer for years and it’s worked great. Will move that on once I get the new RT up and running.

first 2 pics are from the ad.

I had one of those years ago and liked it. Wish I still had it. Get some dry lube spray for the chains, and if in an enclosed base use plenty of dust extraction. That said, my chains were often pretty gunked up but it still worked.

I have a table with the 5 speed version of that motor. One day, it wouldn't start, and I removed the cover for the switch and found it was packed full of sawdust. Blew it out, reassembled it and it has been fine for 10 years now.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Good tips gents, thanks. I will have a DC shroud under the table, that I picked up cheap at auction.

That indeed was a very nice find...and deal, especially after you offloaded what you didn't want/need for a nice pile of shekels.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim! I thought so too. Fitting that about 15 years ago I lusted after a lift like this one, and now I have one that’s 15 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Fitting that about 15 years ago I lusted after a lift like this one, and now I have one that’s 15 years old.
    LOL..."what comes around..."
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...