I'm living in one of those good news/bad news jokes, seemingly. I just won the bid tonight on a 1949 Unisaw from an online school auction. I've been looking for a cabinet saw to replace my Delta contractor saw, figuring it would work better and also take up less room. Here's a link to the saw:https://www.auctionsinternational.co...-unisaw-179627

The bad news side of things is that I got rear-ended by a hit-and-run driver last Sunday afternoon who bent the tongue on my trusty 5x8 Carry-On trailer so that I am not able to use it unless or until I get a new tongue. I got their license plate and they have been ticketed, but it's going to take their insurance company a while to make up their mind to pay out, I guess. I'm going to try tomorrow to order a spare tongue at Tractor Supply, since that was who Carry-On recommended as a dealer for their parts. Unless I can get a tongue pretty quickly I will need to figure out a way to get the saw into the back of either my Subaru Outback or my Chevy/BlueBird mini school bus.

The bus door is about 3 feet wide and 4 feet tall, but it's a good ways from the ground. The car trunk is smaller, but lower. I imagine I can take the top off, but even so I expect the cabinet will be pretty heavy. It would have been easy with my trailer. I could just have rolled it on with a hand truck, up the built in ramp/tailgate, and the floor is only a foot or so off the ground. My understanding is that the Unisaw didn't change that much over the years, so I imagine that any moving experience with that model of saw would be applicable to mine, even if it was a lot newer one. I'll be grateful for any advice.