Thread: Wax

Wax

I have this cherry project with Armrseal finish. I’m thinking a wax to finish it out would be nice. What wax do you prefer?

Honestly...I stopped used wax many years ago. If I truly need to refine the finish, such as for a table top, including adjusting sheen, various polishing techniques come into play. But I rarely do that for furniture. Just guitar bodies.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If you want to rub out a gloss finish to satin, then paste wax and 0000 steel wool, or the corresponding synthetic pad, will work well. But there are other ways, too, as Jim mentioned. Otherwise, I have no use for wax to finish the finish. Wax doesn't offer any protection to the underlying finish and some of them attract finger prints and dirt.

If you want to rub out the finish you might consider Lundmark: https://www.amazon.com/Lundmark-Wax-...89&sr=8-3&th=1

Works great for your cast iron surfaces, drawer guides, etc., too.

John

As always, gentlemen, much obliged for the help. I think I will skip it.

I use regular paste wax on almost all my projects. I apply with 0000 steel wool and buff off with a microfiber cloth. The trick is to leave an almost imperceptible film. And it does offer protection from moisture.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.