Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to Buy a SawStop

For unloading equipment like this, it is great to have a Hydraulic Table Cart from Harbor Freight. The cart will lift to bed height for most 1/2 ton pickup trucks. I've used mine to unload my Powermatic 3520C lathe, a 46" rolling tool cabinet, plywood, and lots of other bulky things. Last week, I used it to load several large, bulky, things into the back of my truck so they could be sold as scrap. In my shop, the cart is used to lift my lathe so it can be moved. It also comes in handy as outfeed table and impromptu scaffolding. (Don't do as I do. You really shouldn't stand on a wheeled cart. But, boy, does it make installing lights overhead easier!) The carts come in two versions, one with 500 lbs. capacity and one with 1,000 lbs. For only $100 more, I believe the big brother is the better buy.
    David Walser
    Mesa, Arizona

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. I appreciate it.

I bought my SawStop PCS 175 from my local Woodcraft store just before they raised the prices on May 3rd. and I had to wait about three weeks before it arrived at the Woodcraft store. The waiting part wasn't really a problem since I needed to move some things around in the garage to make room for the new saw anyways. I did check around before buying it from Woodcraft & I really didn't find any prices better than Woodcraft when you consider the shipping costs from an on-line vendor.

I picked the saw up using a small 5' X 8' utility trailer & I was able to unload it by myself by slowly sliding it out. My trailer is fairly low to the ground & it has a tailgate/ramp which helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    My neighbor has a high school boy who is happy to help me lift things. I will be sure enlist his support.
    With someone else helping it shouldn't be hard to unload it from your Jeep Gladiator.
    Here's a YouTube video of a girl unloading one from a SUV by herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVDpKvCo7sg

Doug

It seams the sawstop goes on sale every other month or so. And by this I mean if you buy it they through in the small overhead dust collection and/or mobile base.

For a purchase of this size, both the box and the $, I would want a local throat to potentially constrict in the event things go sideways. Also, it will likely be unblemished. I would be the last one to accuse shippers of not caring what is in the box, but the less handling of an item like a SS, the better. I’ve had my saw for 7 yrs now and still have a couple pieces of the heavy cardboard they pack the saw in. It has come in handy at times around the shop.

I bought mine through the store I work at (local home center/lumberyard), and they in turn ordered it direct from SawStop per my specifications. It came on a pallette, with all the boxes shrink-wrapped together. My company delivered it to my home and used a forklift to unload the pallette, bring it up my driveway and set it directly inside my garage. I was able to unpack it and set it up from there. I only needed help of one other person (stepson) to help me set the cabinet on the ICS mobile base.

The saw is well-packaged, with all the different parts in heavy-duty boxes. It was easy to unpack and keep track of everything.

The deal I got when I purchased it included the free upgrade to the ICS base, but the real kicker was the discount they gave for employees of SawStop resellers. That was 30% off the retail price, which ended up saving me nearly $1000 in the long run. It also got to ride along with two other SawStop units that my store ordered (I had to wait a few weeks until my store had the orders to submit), so that saved me the $250 shipping fee.

If only we still sold Festool....they discontinued the line due to lack of demand just before I started working here.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Meyer View Post
    I bought mine through the store I work at (local home center/lumberyard), and they in turn ordered it direct from SawStop per my specifications. It came on a pallette, with all the boxes shrink-wrapped together. My company delivered it to my home and used a forklift to unload the pallette, bring it up my driveway and set it directly inside my garage. I was able to unpack it and set it up from there. I only needed help of one other person (stepson) to help me set the cabinet on the ICS mobile base.

The saw is well-packaged, with all the different parts in heavy-duty boxes. It was easy to unpack and keep track of everything.
    That's exactly how mine came, but it was an ICS. Bought from my local Woodcraft. Like supporting local businesses. And yes, stuff was thrown in (I think the mobile base.)
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    That's exactly how mine came, but it was an ICS. Bought from my local Woodcraft. Like supporting local businesses. And yes, stuff was thrown in (I think the mobile base.)
    If it was Woodcraft that threw in the mobile base, they'd get their hands slapped for doing so. SawStop is very strict on such things. I believe shipping is the only thing that the sellers have any wiggle room. SawStop will even audit for other non-SawStop product being thrown in as an incentive.

No, it was the normal sawstop promo to throw in mobile base. Not the Woodcraft.

Blog Entries
    I got a mobile base on the promo as well and they were able to swap it for the ICS base for the cost difference. Glad I went for that base.