Clearly this is a job for a shaper but has anyone done a-lot of copes (like 400) on a router table? I have a job and it’s a one time thing for a friend to make at least 100 interior solid panel shutters in Red oak, they will be 1” thick and painted. And the panel is raised on both sides so that means at least 800 passes for the raised panel - now that I am typing it seems totally silly to do this on a router table setup but thought I would still ask…

The shutters are approximately 7” wide by 42” and forgot to mention above they will need an extended tenon, pia on a router table so i would do a loose tenon using a Pantorouter or Multirouter (which will also be a pia, 800 slot mortises)
I would make a pneumatic coping jig and would get a small power feeder for the stick (about 1k lnft) and the long edge of the panel.
I have a widebelt so i would make them thicker as i am not expecting a precision fit off a router (at least in these quantities)

I have some experience with shapers and have owned them but it’s been a long time and I don’t really want a shaper because I don’t have the room, tooling is expensive to make it useful and i would really use it much after this.

Thoughts? Feel free to call me crazy my feelings won’t get hurt, besides I have been becoming unhinged for years….

Thanks, Mark