I need some advice please. Presently, like in NA, we have a huge shortage of new woodworking tools, particularly table saws and bandsaws. I have a chance to have a Harvey Alpha 110LC-36 shipped from Australia or purchase a CarbaTec TS which is actually a rebranded Harvey TS. I have never seen a Harvey machine in person, so need some advice…are Harvey products as good as they sound? Which has the better resale value in NA? I have always through that the Laguna bandsaw 14 was the “bees knees” when it came to smaller bandsaws but again don’t know about Harvey’s? I could only purchase the Laguna bandsaw 14 BX which is a 2.5 hp motor, 330mm cutting depth, foot operated disk brake and the ceramic roller system for the blade. The CarbaTec t/s is a 2.5 hp 250mm blade, and seems to have most of the Harvey “upgrades” including tool free blade change, Irving knife change. If I were to wait about 14 months for a Laguna it would be a 1.75 hp but has all if not more features than Harvey such as a digital angle readout! Nice to have but not to wait 14 months for, methinks!

So, setting the issues of money aside, which table saw and/or bandsaw would you go for? I don’t need to have 2 Harvey of 2 Laguna t/s and b/s, I just want which you folks think is best. If you had to make the choice, for a DIY woodworker, what would you choose - and don’t saw SawStop because they are “out of stock” too!