Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And POOF! It Was Gone!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And POOF! It Was Gone!

So the thread started by Kev Williams about EV fires must have turned very political because it's gone. Not just locked but gone. I hadn't been on here since Friday. What happened?

Blog Entries
    As you said it got political among other problems.

spontaneous combustion, even happens with some people apparently.

Just came from the store Harleys behind me. Back window open in the truck, stop sign and loud exhaust blipping their throttles for no reason. It was actually annoying cause of whatever after market exhaust on them. Might be good when all those harleys are electric.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    spontaneous combustion, even happens with some people apparently.
    "Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported." -- David St. Hubbins
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wurster View Post
    "Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported." -- David St. Hubbins
    I’ve wondered if some of those reports were just misspellings of sudden decisions to COMPOST. But it might be just humorous hubris .

the container ship Felicity Ace sank and with it a fortune in high end autos - probably started by an EV battery fire....how'd you like to be the guy insuring these overseas EV shipments

btw... I think whoever deletes these threads should at least have enough respect for the folks posting to explain why. ...12 pages deleted! - really?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Duckworth View Post
    the container ship Felicity Ace sank and with it a fortune in high end autos - probably started by an EV battery fire....how'd you like to be the guy insuring these overseas EV shipments

btw... I think whoever deletes these threads should at least have enough respect for the folks posting to explain why. ...12 pages deleted! - really?!
    I agree Lawrence. That's partly why I started this thread. I never saw the posts that ran it aground so I don't know what transpired. Locking it yes but deleting it from sight is another level. Oh well we don't know what we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Duckworth View Post
    Guessing they're used to it by now. I mean solid bulk cargos are a major issue, it's what kill the Edmund Fritzgerald of the famous song, but I don't see it hitting the news. Give that China effectively owns the lithium production, and all our power tools use those batteries, what other choice do we have?

Folks,

Per the Terms of Service which you all agreed to abide when you registered for membership:

It is our policy to support the free flow of information in a manner best befitting the woodworking community at large. Sawmill Creek is an online community where woodworkers may come together to share and discuss a common interest. Sawmill Creek reserves the right to refuse or delete any Content of which it becomes aware and reasonably deems not to fulfill its established purpose. In addition, SawMill Creek shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to edit, refuse or delete any Content that it reasonably considers to violate these Terms without notice. You understand and agree that the service is provided "AS-IS" and that SawMill Creek assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications.

Nobody forced you to agree to the TOSs.

Threads are never deleted because they could be and have been in the past, subpoenaed for court cases. They are simply moved to the Moderator's Forum where they are no longer in public view.

I didn't see the thread involved but based on some of the posts in this thread, it's easy to understand why that thread was removed.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Folks,

Per the Terms of Service which you all agreed to abide when you registered for membership:

It is our policy to support the free flow of information in a manner best befitting the woodworking community at large. Sawmill Creek is an online community where woodworkers may come together to share and discuss a common interest. Sawmill Creek reserves the right to refuse or delete any Content of which it becomes aware and reasonably deems not to fulfill its established purpose. In addition, SawMill Creek shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to edit, refuse or delete any Content that it reasonably considers to violate these Terms without notice. You understand and agree that the service is provided "AS-IS" and that SawMill Creek assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications.

Threads are never deleted because they could be and have been in the past, subpoenaed for court cases. They are simply moved to the Moderator's Forum where they are no longer in public view.

I didn't see the thread involved but based on some of the posts in this thread, it's easy to understand why that thread was removed.
    Why leave everyone to speculate? It would be nice if the moderators just explained the reason for it's deletion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    As you said it got political among other problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Funk View Post
    Why leave everyone to speculate? It would be nice if the moderators just explained the reason for it's deletion.
    Post number 2 in this thread explained it.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

That's pretty vague and doesn't appear to violate the TOS you quoted. I have seen many threads where politics of some sort are mentioned and threads are not deleted. Maybe there's less tolerance in the off topic forum.

No, it does not. Closing the thread and removing it is not the problem at all, the problem is there is no reason given why it has disappeared from sight. For instance was it political, did it contain personal attacks on other members etc. For it to simply disappear is not a good look at all no matter what caused the removal.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Folks,

It is the off topic forum so most posts have little or nothing to do with wood working. Also many of the threads in this segment meander like a lazy brook all over the place. So some of the posts in this thread are also offensive?

I must've missed the post in question. But I"d like to respectfully inject a couple comments on the Moderators here. Please know that I mean no offense to the OP or anyone else who posted in this thread. In short, the Moderators do a good job keeping this place civil and friendly. I'm here often and I haven't seen them be arbitrary or ill-willed. As I understand it, if an individual Moderator is unsure about how a thread is going, they can put it in a special Moderator forum and discuss it among themselves. There have been several ugly arguments over moderation over the years and we've lost some participants whose posts I enjoyed. And it's usually the same arguments I read above in this thread. The Moderators work for free. Sometimes they drop a note explaining why, but other times they don't have time, etc. Every minute they spend moderating is a minute less for their own lives.

Respectfully,
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”