Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And POOF! It Was Gone!

And POOF! It Was Gone!

So the thread started by Kev Williams about EV fires must have turned very political because it's gone. Not just locked but gone. I hadn't been on here since Friday. What happened?

Blog Entries
    As you said it got political among other problems.

spontaneous combustion, even happens with some people apparently.

Just came from the store Harleys behind me. Back window open in the truck, stop sign and loud exhaust blipping their throttles for no reason. It was actually annoying cause of whatever after market exhaust on them. Might be good when all those harleys are electric.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post

I remember when we could agree to disagree with civility. I miss those days.

The thread got off topic more than it was uncivil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    I remember when we could agree to disagree with civility. I miss those days.

Yes. This is why we can't have nice things like interesting threads.

Some people can't handle opposing viewpoints.

there has been lots of interesting info on threads that meander around.

Enough I dont post on on the trade as my views are the same as the old guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    ls ERCOT considered a political organization by SMC?

It is an appointed advisory council, but if deemed political, please delete my references to it - or the entire post - and restore the thread. I will defer any further participation.
    Last edited by Malcolm McLeod; 07-03-2022 at 6:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    spontaneous combustion, even happens with some people apparently.
    "Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported." -- David St. Hubbins
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Blog Entries
    There is information from the Modorators in an old thread that addresses liability issues on the forum. I think some of the replies were starting to be a liability.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wurster View Post
    "Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported." -- David St. Hubbins
    I’ve wondered if some of those reports were just misspellings of sudden decisions to COMPOST. But it might be just humorous hubris .

the container ship Felicity Ace sank and with it a fortune in high end autos - probably started by an EV battery fire....how'd you like to be the guy insuring these overseas EV shipments

btw... I think whoever deletes these threads should at least have enough respect for the folks posting to explain why. ...12 pages deleted! - really?!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    There is information from the Modorators in an old thread that addresses liability issues on the forum. I think some of the replies were starting to be a liability.

Yes- I have a hunch that is why the thread was removed from public view and not just locked.

Nothing is ever actually deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Duckworth View Post
    the container ship Felicity Ace sank and with it a fortune in high end autos - probably started by an EV battery fire....how'd you like to be the guy insuring these overseas EV shipments

btw... I think whoever deletes these threads should at least have enough respect for the folks posting to explain why. ...12 pages deleted! - really?!
    I agree Lawrence. That's partly why I started this thread. I never saw the posts that ran it aground so I don't know what transpired. Locking it yes but deleting it from sight is another level. Oh well we don't know what we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Duckworth View Post
    Guessing they're used to it by now. I mean solid bulk cargos are a major issue, it's what kill the Edmund Fritzgerald of the famous song, but I don't see it hitting the news. Give that China effectively owns the lithium production, and all our power tools use those batteries, what other choice do we have?