Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First experience with dust jamming a blast gate

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    FWIW, Thomas, I have slides in both the vertical, horizontal, and 45 degree orientation on my Nordfabs, and no clogging. Also slides up, and slides down.

I'll take being lucky, I guess, but I don't see any difference the orientation makes in my setup. Perhaps my 5HP Oneida just overwhelms the design and sucks up the chips that might get clogged. Who knows?
    You give me hope. I also have the Oneida 5 hp Smart Gorilla Pro so that is not the whole answer. I think my failing to open the blast gate for the planer that one time may be a contributor. If so, angling the slide upward should help since gravity only operates downward.
    Last edited by Thomas Wilson; 07-08-2022 at 8:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson View Post
    I am still getting used to my new central dust collection system. I have only collected about 1 1/2 barrels (35 gal per barrel). Anyway, I noticed the blastgate on the planer would not fully close. I have heard about dust jamming the slide so my thought was that didn’t take very long. I removed the gate and disassembled it. Sure enough about a tablespoon of dust fell out. It took about 15 minutes total to get back to work. I suppose I will get faster with practice.

Attachment 482081
    I would replace it with the model that has a gate that slides all the way through, they don’t clog…….Regards, Rod