Thread: Cyclone Collector Bags?

Cyclone Collector Bags?

I've got a Grizzly G0443 Cyclone Dust Collector with the extended drum, which makes the round collector drum 24" diameter x 27" high, and about 55 gallons. To be clear this is NOT the bag hanging from the filter, but rather the bag that collects the chips as they go through the system. I've gone through the bags that came with it, and Grizzly doesn't seem to have anything specifically for this collector drum.

I'm also not turning up anything for Cyclones that isn't an industrial order 300 at a time.

What do you do to source bags for your cyclone collector?

I bought a box of bags from Amazon that fit the typical drum diameter...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Andrew, I have the G0441 which is the non-hepa version. It has the same 55 gallon collection drum. I used to buy a 3 pack of bags from them but at some point it they stopped offering them. But you can buy individual bags though. The P/N is T25484, here's a link: https://www.grizzly.com/search?q=T25484. The price is $11.02. The last time I bought them was Oct 2020 at $7.95. Their description indicates for the G0441 but they should also show for the G0443.

Jhhn, the bags in the link I posted are just around a buck a piece. They are heavy plastic, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

11 bucks for a plastic trash bag PLUS shipping ?

Are you guys insane ?

Thanks Jim, I placed an order for them.

@John - I believe those fit the 32 gallon collectors based on the sizes given.

@Dave - It's not the bag, it's having the bag that correctly fits and might be purpose built. It's supporting the supply chain that has exactly the right bag for this purpose. I've also spend $6 for a bolt from Honda for the same reason. Also in this case I'm going through 1-2 a year, so it's not a massive expense.

I use these inside my 55 Gallon steel drum, about a $1 per bag.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bags arrived today. So for anybody else with a Grizzly G0443 cyclone, the bags linked here fit, and are a pretty good deal. Thanks again Jim!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I buy a box of drum liners at the Borg, of course they fit the drum perfectly……Regards. Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    I buy a box of drum liners at the Borg, of course they fit the drum perfectly……Regards. Rod
    What are the mils? I like the bags Jim suggested because they're 3 mil. My DC closet is in an awkward place, so not having the bag rupture is important. The only ones I saw available for pickup at the Borg were normal trash bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew More View Post
    What are the mils? I like the bags Jim suggested because they're 3 mil. My DC closet is in an awkward place, so not having the bag rupture is important. The only ones I saw available for pickup at the Borg were normal trash bags.
    I have a roll of bags and they seem to be about 2 mil as close as I can measure. I've never had one rupture so think 2 mil is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Funk View Post
    I have a roll of bags and they seem to be about 2 mil as close as I can measure. I've never had one rupture so think 2 mil is OK.

Fair enough. I have been reusing my original Grizzly bags, and was forced to throw away the last one after I found a break/cut in the bag. I think it's 3-6 mil, but rough handling likely means it caught on something and tore.

Costco has large garbage bags red box, outdoor lawn) that work great. Also buy yourself a “leaf bag liner” from Amazon. This is a plastic ridgid sheet that keeps the bag from sucking up into the cyclone.
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 07-01-2022 at 9:32 AM.

Andrew, the Grizzly bags I linked to do fit my 55 gallon drum. Strength is a big consideration for me and the Grizzly bags are 7 mil. I have several and just keep reusing them. I'm not sure why some folks would buy a box of 30 or so bags unless they give them away. I used to give my shavings to a local for chicken bedding and would get my bags back but he moved. Other locals I've talked to (that have horses or other animals) are not interested even in free shavings because they are concerned about pretty much all of the typical hardwoods I use. For instance, one fellow only wanted pine, which I rarely use. I just spread mine in the back 40 to decompose. So no need for a big box of bags.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ziebron View Post
    Andrew, the Grizzly bags I linked to do fit my 55 gallon drum.
    I think we have different collectors or something. 600 mm = 23.6 inches, which would fit the 32 Gallon collector, but not the extended one I have, which is 27 inches high. Maybe there's some subtle difference? Anyway, thank you for the suggestion.