Greetings from Michigan
Over the past 6 months I’ve been getting a lot of chances to turn pens at my buds’ houses when we have our weekly shop-days. One friend has the Excelsior mini lathe from Rockler the other a penpal. Apparently, I come back in a zen-like state because my wife is always commenting how much calmer and happy, I seem with newly turned pens in tow. So, this past weekend she surprised me with Jet’s JWL-1221VS, which is awesome of her…except that’s all she got.
Hoping everyone here can point me in the right direction of what tools I’ll need. The initial goal is just pens, and other small projects, I would love to do bowls but really want to get the basics down and learn the lathe...it has a different feel to the penal .
Not looking to break the bank but always try to buy quality tools that are great for day 1 to the day I can't turn anymore lol.

This list I’ve put together so far:

The Necessities
HSS Chisel set
PSI Woodworking LCHSS8 - PSI Woodworking LCHSS8 Wood Lathe 8pc HSS Chisel Set - Lathe Turning Tools - Amazon.com
Facemask
Uvex S8510 - Uvex Bionic Face Shield with Clear Polycarbonate Visor and Anti-Fog/Hard Coat (S8510) - Eye Protection Equipment - Amazon.com
Pen Turning starter set – was looking at the Rockler kit, but is it better to buy the glue, mandrels, barrel trimmers, etc. separately?

Workshop Constraint
Pen Blank Drilling Chuck (Note: I don’t have a drill press so was thinking this combo would be a quality substitute)
PSI Woodworking CSCPENCHK2 - Amazon.com: PSI Woodworking CSCPENCHK2 Large Dedicated Pen Blank Drilling Chuck : Everything Else
PSI Woodworking TM32 - PSI Woodworking Products TM32 1/2-Inch Drill Chuck with #2 Morse Taper Arbor (1/2" 2MT) - Lathe Turning Tools - Amazon.com

From your guys’ experience and love of the hobby does sound like a good starting point anything over/underkill? Also if I missed anything glaring
Thanks for all the suggestions in advance