Thread: Walnut, three drawer silver chest

Blog Entries

Walnut, three drawer silver chest

Here's some pictures of the Walnut three drawer silver chest I made for someone who contacted me on Etsy. Holly pulls. Fun project that didn't require a lot of lumber. Making the internal dividers is probably the most time-consuming part of the project. Thanks for looking!

Cheers, Mike

Blog Entries
    Very nice an Heirloom for sure. The top is really a nice piece of wood.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Thanks Captain! Not sure what you call the kind of “mottled” Fiquire in top piece of walnut, but I also like it. Got a a 12” wide x 18’ long piece I’m saving for something special. Not sure if that’s gonna be all in one project or parceled out over time in featured panels/components etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks Mike

Beautiful piece Mike. The buyer should be very happy. Happy to see you’re getting commission work!

Lotta details to that piece very nice!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Guys -appreciate your feedback. I’ve made this design a couple times now and I’m surprised how much I learn/change each time.

Excited to make a”final” version for our family silver- hopefully I’ve got it figured out by now. Wait a minute, that sounds dangerously like the voice of arrogance that always bites me in the butt!

Grest work as always Mike and very glad to hear you are getting commission work!

best
    chris
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Blog Entries
    Don’t wanna give the wrong impression, it’s not like I’ve sold a lot of work on Etsy - just a couple pieces here and there. Overall the sales rate is less than my build rate so I’m ending up with a stack of unsold chests and boxes and just piling up in my office. Boss isn’t really happy with that, hey it’s my office and what am I gonna do-stop making stuff? Not likely, that sounds like quick route to me becoming a pest at my local sports bar!