Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cell Phones??

There are indeed some very interesting wireless phones out there with unique capabilities that solve problems for folks. They may not be mainstream, but there are some kewel market niches out there!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

LG stopped selling cell phones a while back. LG is also leaving the solar panel business too. LG says they will support solar panels for the full 25 years of the warranty, but they certainly aren't going to warehouse panels for 25 years.

LG seems to be exiting businesses left and right. I don't know if I would want to buy LG anything right now in fear they would exit the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    LG is also leaving the solar panel business too. LG says they will support solar panels for the full 25 years of the warranty, but they certainly aren't going to warehouse panels for 25 years.
    You might be surprised. A number of years ago, I did some work with a household appliance company located in Benton Harbor, MI. In their service parts distribution warehouse, they had replacement parts for 30+ year-old products. They weren't producing/buying new parts for products that old, but had made end-of-life purchases they hoped would meet their commitment to customers. Of course, some stuff won't last that long in a warehouse - they tried to re-use designs for things like seals and hoses and/or design new parts to be backward compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ragatz View Post
    You might be surprised. A number of years ago, I did some work with a household appliance company located in Benton Harbor, MI. In their service parts distribution warehouse, they had replacement parts for 30+ year-old products. They weren't producing/buying new parts for products that old, but had made end-of-life purchases they hoped would meet their commitment to customers. Of course, some stuff won't last that long in a warehouse - they tried to re-use designs for things like seals and hoses and/or design new parts to be backward compatible.
    Thousands of solar panels set aside for warranty would take up a lot of warehouse space for something that would make LG no money. Appliance parts for 30 year old appliances at least get sold for money.

I suspect if there is a solar panel issue that LG would either give the customer money for compensation, or replace the panel with one from another manufacturer. One issue with solar panels is even if LG was to supply a replacement panel in ten years it might not work with the customer's system since panels are producing more watts as the years go by and a panel that works with the customer's equipment might not be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    We got Samsung S-21s in March. They don't have either a 1/8" jack or a place for a micro-SD card. The S-5 I used prior to the S-21 had both.
    But they can make the phone .2 mm thinner that way .