Thread: Where to get EZCad?

Where to get EZCad?

I just picked up a used fiber laser, but unfortunately the guy hasn't given me any software for it. There are a handful of sketchy-looking sites out there but I don't quite trust them... can anyone vouch for a "legit" source?

If it matters, my control card model is LMCV4-FIBER-M and has a rev number of 20160824.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert McMahan View Post
    I just picked up a used fiber laser, but unfortunately the guy hasn't given me any software for it. There are a handful of sketchy-looking sites out there but I don't quite trust them... can anyone vouch for a "legit" source?

If it matters, my control card model is LMCV4-FIBER-M and has a rev number of 20160824.
    This is the vendor I purchased my machine from and their website that has a good copy of it: https://www.omglaser.com/download/

As an aside, in 1 week, LightBurn will officially release their LightBurn for Galvo lasers that will work with that control card. MUCH more reliable and user friendly than EZCrash. https://lightburnsoftware.com/blogs/...-other-details
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Thanks a ton, Steve. Yes I've been looking forward to Lightburn coming out. I just needed to test my machine to make sure it turns on before I buy Lightburn

Thanks a ton, Steve. Yes I've been looking forward to Lightburn coming out. I just needed to test my machine to make sure it turns on before I buy Lightburn
    Glad to assist. I've been running the LightBurn Beta for a while. Haven't touched EZCad since I installed it. Love my LightBurn for sure. Not running any co2 machines that support it since I moved to my Epilog, but still do a lot of my design work in LightBurn as it's just user friendly and easy to do a lot of things.

Good news, I was fortunately able to get everything tested to confirm it works last night. I'm not 100% sure I have my driver perfect, but it seems at least pretty close as the laser is indeed firing (I found a "v2" driver online and it seemed to work, despite my board being marked v4, but hey it works!)

I assume Lightburn just uses the standard drivers, right?

Good news, I was fortunately able to get everything tested to confirm it works last night. I'm not 100% sure I have my driver perfect, but it seems at least pretty close as the laser is indeed firing (I found a "v2" driver online and it seemed to work, despite my board being marked v4, but hey it works!)

I assume Lightburn just uses the standard drivers, right?

At the moment, LightBurn is using a different driver, but it will come with the install. They are trying to reverse engineer everything so you don't have to change drivers, but aren't there yet. The downside to the different driver is you can't run EZCad without switching drivers back, hence the ultimate goal of using the same driver.