Thread: Dewalt miter saw

Dewalt miter saw

Morning all, hope everyone has a nice, safe labor day!
    This is really hard to explain, so bear with me.
    I have a Dewalt single bevel miter saw. Ever since I got it a couple years ago, it seems like it “hits hard” when you pull the trigger. (It doesn’t have that nice smooth sound that most all saws have.)
    Anybody have any ideas? Anybody else have the same experience with their saw?
    Thanks
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Krueger View Post
    Morning all, hope everyone has a nice, safe labor day!
    This is really hard to explain, so bear with me.
    I have a Dewalt single bevel miter saw. Ever since I got it a couple years ago, it seems like it “hits hard” when you pull the trigger. (It doesn’t have that nice smooth sound that most all saws have.)
    Anybody have any ideas? Anybody else have the same experience with their saw?
    Thanks
    Tom
    I have 2 of them and both really jerk when you pull the trigger. I do have an old Black and Decker and Dewalt that starts better. The Dewalt is an 8.25 slider that I really like as it is small and can do compound cuts.

My single bevel dewalt is the same way. Figured it is just because it doesn’t have a soft start feature. Works fine otherwise but the dust collection sucks. LOL

it was same on the one I had

Mine is the same way

My 12" Dewalt is anything but soft start, but I sure appreciate its repeatability over the soft start Delta I had before it!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Okay, good. Thanks a lot guys!