Thread: Trotec Speedy 360 Issues

Trotec Speedy 360 Issues

Hey everyone,

I have a Trotec Speedy 360 engraver and my company mainly engraves rubber stamps and embossers. Recently we have been having some issues with our stamps not giving a good impression. I have attached some pics to this thread. However, when we engrave our seals on delrin, they seems to be coming out just fine. Its only the laser rubber where we seem to be having an issue. Looking at the mirror above the lens, we may need to replace this. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get engraver parts besides Trotec? I tried reaching out to Bell Laser but no one is answering the phone there. In addition, I have changed our settings multiple times to try to get the best impression but we still seem to be having issues. I have increased the correction from 10 to 70 but this did not show any significant difference. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Scott McCloy View Post
    Hey everyone,

I have a Trotec Speedy 360 engraver and my company mainly engraves rubber stamps and embossers. Recently we have been having some issues with our stamps not giving a good impression. I have attached some pics to this thread. However, when we engrave our seals on delrin, they seems to be coming out just fine. Its only the laser rubber where we seem to be having an issue. Looking at the mirror above the lens, we may need to replace this. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get engraver parts besides Trotec? I tried reaching out to Bell Laser but no one is answering the phone there. In addition, I have changed our settings multiple times to try to get the best impression but we still seem to be having issues. I have increased the correction from 10 to 70 but this did not show any significant difference. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

You might contact American Photonics and see if they can assist with the mirrors: https://american-photonics.myshopify.com/
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

I didn't notice any mention of contacting Trotec support. That mirror is a mess and I would guess that is your problem. Try contacting these people for mirrors and lens.
    https://ii-vi.com/product-category/p...-laser-optics/
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

The mirrors on my GCC-- all 4 of them- are in worse shape than Scott's! -- I'm likely getting some power loss from them but I have no engraving quality problems.

I would wager the lens would more likely be the problem
    although I actually get good engraving from even THIS lens--
    fo3.jpg
    -- but all the light can get thru. Lenses that have black burnt spots, those suck up laser power big time...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Hey Mike, I have not had the best luck with Trotec support. I am still waiting for a reply from them on an email I sent last week. I did order a mirror (not from Trotec but from laseruser.com) because the tech support was very helpful with answering my questions.

Steve,

Thanks for referring american-photonics, I did not come across them when I was searching for replacement parts. I will reach out to them to see if they can assist me if the mirror is not the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    The mirrors on my GCC-- all 4 of them- are in worse shape than Scott's! -- I'm likely getting some power loss from them but I have no engraving quality problems.

I would wager the lens would more likely be the problem
    although I actually get good engraving from even THIS lens--
    fo3.jpg
    -- but all the light can get thru. Lenses that have black burnt spots, those suck up laser power big time...
    Hey Kev, I do have a backup lens that I did swap out just to see if that was the issue and it was still giving me problems. I did order a replacement mirror, however just like you mentioned, another person told me that the mirror may not be my issue.