Thread: 3D Scanner

3D Scanner

I know this has been discussed before but handheld 3D scanners for under $1000? I did build one out of a Microsoft Kinect but not good results, for me anyway. I have been looking at this: https://shop.revopoint3d.com/ just wondering? I would use with VCarve Pro and my 3D printer.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

This looks interesting! I would check to see if there are any online reviews - Youtube for instance.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    This looks interesting! I would check to see if there are any online reviews - Youtube for instance.
    David
    I did do a lot of research and going by Amazon reviews and You Tube I have the POP2 version which is the updated model on order, special pricing so I got it on sale (eBay) so to speak and also includes the premium kit, will see how it turns out.

Bill, have you gotten the hand scanner yet? I've looked at them several time but haven't pulled the trigger. If so how do you like it?

I decided not to buy one after all.

That's kind of where I'm at. I sort of want one but at the same time I'm not sure if I would use it enough to justify it.

If you decide to change your mind and get one, Shining 3d just released the Einstar a while back. I can't speak for the unit itself, but Einscan/Shining 3D makes really good 3d scanners (I have one of their other models). The Einstar just under 1000 and should get you into the arena of 3D scanning.
    https://www.einstar.com/products/ein...43551575507118