Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Carpenters Near Surrey, BC?

Any Carpenters Near Surrey, BC?

I shipped three of my Kits up there for a new Japanese garden and my customer is going to need an installer with at least one helper, maybe next week or the week after. Should take a week + to install everything. Is anyone interested, or know someone who might be?

Some pics of us building all of the parts https://photos.app.goo.gl/VoBR4XogRPBi771M9

2 Entry.jpg

3 Torii.jpeg

1 Moon.jpg

WoodsShop

I always thought a carp was a kind of fish (not that I know any personally, but that's what I heard) and therefore they would be unlikely to be members of SMC.

I think there are some in the Fraser River.....

Hi Joe, I forwarded this to my nephew, he might be interested, I'll let you know.

Blog Entries
    This did stimulate my interest but without a passport, beside being a long drive for me, it was just a little rousing.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Heard back from my nephew, he's interested but swamped with work right now, which is a good thing for him, so can't help. Was kinda looking forward to seeing it come together, looks like beautiful work. If you want I can post a link on Canadian woodworking and Home Improvement forum to your post, I think it's OK there unlike here.

That would be great Doug, he's having a hard time finding the right people up there.
    WoodsShop

Assume Carp(s) is an acronym but I’m floundering trying to find it related to construction or woodworking. Someone help me out.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

It's short for carpenter Michael, tried to change the title but can't.
    WoodsShop

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    Assume Carp(s) is an acronym but I’m floundering trying to find it related to construction or woodworking. Someone help me out.
    Thanks Joe. Can’t believe that didn’t occur to me. I can stop referring to acronym dictionaries now.
    Last edited by Michael Weber; 06-20-2022 at 12:31 PM.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Posted the link last night, 64 views so far and one like but no responses, I'll keep you posted.

Got a link to that post Doug? I could add some more Info to my request
    WoodsShop

Can't post direct links on this forum but you can cut and paste this if the mods don't delete it.

https://forum.canadianwoodworking.co...vancouver-area

Wow we still haven't found anyone so let's try this again,

All the pieces are cut, finished and sealed. Here’s the Installation files for you to take a look at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pb8odkyij...Vepe1FBFa?dl=0

The moon is complete just needs installing, the torii needs to be assembled first, as does the roofed entry.

Some pics of us building all of the parts https://photos.app.goo.gl/VoBR4XogRPBi771M9

I hope someone can help with this, or pass my name onto someone who could. It’ll be fun satisfying work and will look great in your portfolio!

These are 3 similar structures, the same roofed entry I shipped to England, the moon gate went to Vancouver, BC, and the torii is a local San Diego install.

1 PA199653_DxO.jpg86305350_10158397406172044_2205366548586037248_n.jpgIMG_6195.jpg
    WoodsShop

Joe saw and liked your post a CWW and then it disappeared, not sure why. Suggest you PM one of the mods there and ask why, might have been a glitch.