Thread: OmniWall - Mini Review of One Product - Drill holder

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Do the metal edges of the slots wear a groove on the drill's casing / overmolding from repeated removing and re-inserting ?
    That's a good question, Dave. The edges are not "sharp" so that helps reduce the risk of the wear you mention I suspect. I could see that someone who constantly and repeatedly removes and reinserts a tool might see some wear, but I also suspect that most folks who are targets for the market are more weekend warriors who want clean organization and really don't do the constant cycle thing. For the most part, the drill/drivers I have "hanging" on mine are the "specialty" ones that I use for specific types of tasks...impact driver, hammer drill, old yellow that only gets used to raise/lower my scissor jack or occasionally as an extra drill for metal work and the heavier 15v Festool. I mostly use the two CSX drill/drivers (in the shop and for home improvement) which happen to sit on the shelf at the top. So for me, there's really no risk of the wear.

They really only have one other tool holder that I'm kinda interested in and that's a similar hanging solution for pneumatic tools. I believe it somehow allows you to hang them from the pneumatic connectors. My interest is for my nail guns which currently are in a drawer...which I generally like...but hanging might be more efficient in the new shop.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 06-20-2022 at 1:53 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...