Thread: Puppy Visitors came in an unusual ride

Puppy Visitors came in an unusual ride

It's an Amphibian. They wanted to test the bottom before taxiing out of the water. Since the water was calm today, they just left it in shallow water while they were here. They'll taxi out when they come back. The beach in the background in the first picture is about a mile away-distance distorted by telephoto.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tom M King; 06-17-2022 at 9:51 PM.

Wait a minute .... I came here for the puppies. Where are the puppy visitors!

Cool looking plane though.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

They came to visit our puppies. My Wife is a dog breeder. This couple want to get one some time in the future. There is a waiting list. Here's a video/puppy fix of the puppies playing on their screened porch. Our puppies are kind of famous in the world of Havanese dogs. We've had people come from all over, and as far away as South Korea to visit our dogs and puppies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyGDeYv9OYM
    Last edited by Tom M King; 06-17-2022 at 9:53 PM.

please fix your pictures arrrrg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Is there an easy way to rotate pictures here now? Of the five forums I belong to on different subjects, three have no problem with phone pictures, and one (forestryforum) has an editor that pictures go to before being posted anyway, and there are rotate buttons there. With this one, I can rotate a picture up to five times in Windows 10 Pictures and it still not post correctly here. It seems like it just has to be luck to get it right. I just gave up.

I know there must be a simple way to do it, but I don't know it. I figured the software here would be updated at some point to catch up, and in the meantime, I'll just do the one step process however it works out.

Not a permanent fix but Firefox has as add-on called "Rotate and Zoom Image". I don't know about other browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    They came to visit our puppies. My Wife is a dog breeder. This couple want to get one some time in the future. There is a waiting list. Here's a video/puppy fix of the puppies playing on their screened porch. Our puppies are kind of famous in the world of Havanese dogs. We've had people come from all over, and as far away as South Korea to visit our dogs and puppies.

It's a variation of the well known "$100 hamburger". I need an excuse to go flying and what's that? The destination on a lake? Let's go!

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Looks like it's still a multiple step process here, which I'm not willing to do since they can be posted multiple other places with no issues. I'll just keep posting them here like I do everywhere else. Maybe the software here will be updated at some point. If not, feel free not to bother to twist your head to look at my pictures.

Blog Entries
    Looks like it's still a multiple step process here, which I'm not willing to do since they can be posted multiple other places with no issues. I'll just keep posting them here like I do everywhere else. Maybe the software here will be updated at some point. If not, feel free not to bother to twist your head to look at my pictures.
    It kind of amazes me that this problem has been going on so long with the vBulletin software and vB 4.2.5 has been EOL for at least 8 years. At least that is what their support page suggests.

End Of Life usually means there is going to be an upgrade of some kind.

Many of us have lives too busy to take extra time to fix something some software developer is to lazy to, unwilling to or incapable of fixing. I recall when there was an add on to the vBulletin software that allowed 8 images to be uploaded all at once. It was rather convenient but there was a vulnerability that the owner of the API wasn't going to fix and of course, VBulletin wasn't going to bother writing a script to replace it. That was going to be fixed in the next upgrade. My search through old posts indicates this happened back in 2014.

Here is part of the post:

PS: We can upgrade SawmillCreek to vBulletin 5. However, this is a major undertaking, will involve downtime, has risks, and of course, will change where "everything is" (TM), which will garner many more complaints than the uploader. We will move to 5 eventually, but probably not until May at the earliest.
    Last edited by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX; 03-09-2014 at 9:21 PM.
    The "risks" and "changing were "everything is"" is one of the reasons for my tending to not upgrade my OS until abso-(expetivin')-lutely necessary.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 06-18-2022 at 11:32 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I don't know of a way to rotate images on the board, but I work with pics and graphics every day so..

IMG_4145.jpgIMG_4151.jpgIMG_4148.jpgIMG_4154.jpgIMG_4157.jpg

not every day you see some wading around their airplane
    (btw if you double-click the images in the viewer you can expand them to full size)
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks, Kev. I do a lot of different kinds of work, but with computers is not on the list.

Blog Entries
    What a cool Plane and lovely spot! I am sure I would have a good deal of anxiety if I were ever to ride in one. Especially landing on water.

With my iPod touch the images show up correctly when I take pictures with the device horizontal with the volume buttons down.
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 06-18-2022 at 7:27 PM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

How cool to have a plane like that to show up and then relax with the pups. Great video with the birds chirping in the background while watching the pups play around all the desensitization objects. Makes you want to sit down, reach out and be surrounded by a horde of puppies!
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."