Thread: Connectivity issues?

Connectivity issues?

Today and the past couple days I have been having connection issues with SawmillCreek. Has anyone else been having issues? Or is it just me? Usually when the problem is local to my home system I don't have the same problems when accessing SawmillCreek from my phone (via Cell carrier network) or my work system which is on a different network/provider/OS/browser.

None here Michael.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I appreciate you letting me know!

I had a hiccup earlier this afternoon when SMC wouldn't load. I reloaded my browser and all was well.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Could be on our end. We have been experiencing problems, we thought it was a failing router but after installing a new router tonight I now doubt that the problem is the router. This only affects our local WIFI however I have had to reboot our modem a couple of times today.

No doubt it might happen again tomorrow as we continue to look for a solution to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Could be on our end. We have been experiencing problems, we thought it was a failing router but after installing a new router tonight I now doubt that the problem is the router. This only affects our local WIFI however I have had to reboot our modem a couple of times today.

No doubt it might happen again tomorrow as we continue to look for a solution to the problem.
    Thank you for letting me know! I installed a new firewall recently and wasn't sure if that was causing my issues. My cell phone and work computer should have been able to connect if the problem was my firewall so I didn't think it was a problem but I wasn't sure. I appreciate the update!

Keep up the excellent work!
    Last edited by Michael Schuch; 06-14-2022 at 1:45 AM.

I have had a few minor outages with access to SMC where it comes up as unreachable, but only one instance recently and a few days ago. I don't remember the actual day or time, however.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I was unable to reach the site yesterday afternoon, between 2 PM and 3 PM, PDT. It cleared up after 3 and I was able to log in normally.

I haven't ruled out the possibility of an external problem yet. I hope to at least be able to identify an external network problem today if there is one.

Doubt this has any bearing on those outside of central Ohio, but the storms that blew thru Monday night have really wrecked the power grid locally. About 20% of Franklin county (Columbus) was off the grid yesterday due to storm damage and then peak demand due to the heat. AEP resorted to localized forced blackouts yesterday to keep what they could running and my wife just let me know that they have again today blacked out the area where she works. The cell networks are extremely slow I figure from picking up the demand from the data networks that are down.

Apparently our internet/cable provider is in the middle of these blackouts as it's been off since Monday night. GRRR! It's like the stone age not being able to watch the news and the baseball game. I even had to resort to reading a book last night for entertainment!!!! 😊
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I’ve had various connection issues and response delays recently.

According to Keith's thread, this likely is now resolved. The underground feed to the shop/server room was replaced.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...