Thread: UFOs

UFOs

I think I saw one once when I was a kid.
    This ball of light - actually three of them - making no sound flew over my head one night.
    Even now, probably 60 plus years later, the only thing that goes through my mind about it is - that was pretty cool.

My wife makes fun of me all the time for watching "Ancient Aliens" on TV.
    (I don't let on to her that I think the show is pretty silly too .
    There are a whole lot of things in this world that really do make you wonder how & why they were made and who did make them.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

UFOs are an interesting topic. I honestly have no idea if we've been visited or not, could be, might not be as well. I think a lot of UFOs are likely of terrestrial origin, including the most recent set of sightings. Most like Russian or China has developed a very sophisticated drone, and is using it to buzz our military. That having been said I don't necessarily think that that proves that all sightings or incidents can necessarily be explained. Totally agree there are so many things we don't know, and thinking we do is the height of arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew More View Post
    I think a lot of UFOs are likely of terrestrial origin, including the most recent set of sightings. Most like Russian or China has developed a very sophisticated drone, and is using it to buzz our military.
    +1. Some sightings are most likely classified aircraft, etc as you suggest.

With that said, it seems unlikely to me that we are the only intelligent life in the universe. I mean, the universe is a pretty big place. So, it's not inconceivable to me that we've been "visited".
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

around 20 years ago some friends were boat-vacationing with us on Lake Powell. The wives were asleep and I was telling Brad how Pat and I was watching UFO's one night while camping. (Brad & Pat are old high school buds).. Brad wasn't having any of it. For the record what we saw camping was only a red light moving thru the sky, exactly like any high flying airplane would be doing. The thing was, the light just stopped moving, for about 20 seconds, then changed direction a bit and continued on. That could have been a Harrier or some other military 'flying device', but it being red and stopping was pretty weird...

Back to Lake Powell, Brad and I start watching the sky. Lots of basic small lights we assumed were basic aircraft. Then the first weird thing happened, and I swear this happened: One of the lights that was moving west to east near horizontally, intersected with the star that's the tip of the handle of the Big Dipper, then immediately changed course and proceeded to the next star in the handle, then the next, then traced the stars making the cup. When it got done it turned down slightly and continued east, near horizontally. The whole tracing-process took about 2 minutes. The light finally faded over the hill to our east.

That wasn't all that night. Later there was one light, very bright but small, traveling quite fast horizontally in front of us, quite low in the sky. Then it stopped. Now Brad's in 'holy ****!' mode. Then the stopped light suddenly got mucah bigger and brighter, and within 1/2 second dwindled to nothing, as if accelerating forward extremely quickly.

Not exactly 'traditional' UFO's but pretty strange stuff -If you can get to a place high in the sky and miles away from city lights (Yellowstone comes to mind), just look up and wait
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I think I saw one when I was about 12 I just went to bed and out the window some caught my eyes and I got up and looked out. There was a craft of some kind just moving real slow about 50 from my window at first I thought helicopter but it didn't sound like that kind of whiring noise not very loud.

When Lockheed decide to test their super secret stealth ship. The drove it around,at night, in San Francisco bay. Painted black and over 150 feet long no one paid any attention. I suppose ay one who saw it realized they would never do such tests so openly so it must be something else that was not of interest.
    Bill D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Shadow_(IX-529)

https://maritime.org/tour/seashadow/index.php
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 06-14-2022 at 11:09 AM.

One of the proofs that there is intelligent life out there, is that they have not tried to contact us.

Ever noticed all the search for intelligent life is pointed away from Earth?
    Bill D.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Kopfer View Post
    One of the proofs that there is intelligent life out there, is that they have not tried to contact us.

I just choked on my sandwich!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    When Lockheed decide to test their super secret stealth ship. The drove it around,at night, in San Francisco bay. Painted black and over 150 feet long no one paid any attention. I suppose ay one who saw it realized they would never do such tests so openly so it must be something else that was not of interest.
    I wonder how many sightings resulted in calls to the local cops and then to the DEA. That sucker looks like it could smuggle a LOT of dope.

(If anyone from Lockheed reads this and thinks, "Hey, that sounds like a good way to fund IR&D projects...", remember my finder's fee.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I guess that ship is a UFO..unidentified floating object.
    Bill D

years back came over a hill going east from alliston ontario headed to Cookstown and there was a group of lights in the sky on my left. I drove further and pulled onto the shoulder of the road and took photos. They came from the east in groups and turned and went north and dissipated, more kept coming from the east. I sat shooting out my car window while no one else even seemed to notice. I screwed up not thinking the camera had video in it so I took still shots when I could have had more info video taping, just how they hung in the sky and moved sometimes changing places up or down. I heard no noise. I went back the next day and went into some stores went in to streets closest to the field stopping people and asking an no one had seen a thing. I called a mechanic who knows tons of people as well as different clubs thinking maybe it was a group of drones. I also called the military base in Alliston to ask if they were flying stuff and they said no. On the net I saw there was one sighting of something in the area and did get an email from a US guy Peter Davenport I think. I never filed a report. As much as I asked I could not find an answer. too wired to sleep that night then mad at myself that I didnt flip to video as it would have more info than still shots.