Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Feeder on Phenolic Top

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson View Post
    John,
    Off-topic question, what do you think of the 1/8 hp power feeder? I have wanted one for safety and steady feed rate on my router table. I am not sure how well they work. Ease of set up, grip on the workpiece, can it safely do a climb cut?
    I have one that was given to me and mounted it on my router table. It works great
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    I have one that was given to me and mounted it on my router table. It works great
    Steve, which router table do you have and how did you mount it. If not cast iron, is there any deflection in the top? Thanks.

My router table has a steel top. I mounted it in the back right corner. Don’t know what the support structure is on yours but I’d think it could be easily reinforced.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Thanks a bunch for the reply.

I have a jessem phenolic router table and I have the smallest powermatic poweer feeder on it. I drilled 2 of the holes through the lip on the back metal strut that supports the top. The other 2 holes i used large fender washers. I haven't had any issues with my set up. It has been mounted there for a couple years now.

This feeder will mount on your router table fence in under a minute, and weighs only 13 pounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyMs_9estA&t=5s

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch schiffer View Post
    I have a jessem phenolic router table and I have the smallest powermatic poweer feeder on it. I drilled 2 of the holes through the lip on the back metal strut that supports the top. The other 2 holes i used large fender washers. I haven't had any issues with my set up. It has been mounted there for a couple years now.
    Would it be possible to ask for a pic? Not sure I understand - thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by al ladd View Post
    This feeder will mount on your router table fence in under a minute, and weighs only 13 pounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyMs_9estA&t=5s
    Very clever and creative but I'm not looking for a homebrew solution for this. Thanks for sharing.

Here is a photo of my setup (see post #11):

20220617_133035.jpg

The base is clamped over a corner of the frame, and there is no appreciable deflection. I lose some real estate in front of the bit, so I am limited to ~8 inches in front of the centerline of the bit. If I were ever to need to rout anything wider, I could move the feeder to the back of the table. That flexibility is a benefit of clamping the base to the table, rather than modifying the table so the feeder could be bolted on. It is also easy to move the feeder to another tool, should the need arise.
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by James Morgan View Post
    Here is a photo of my setup (see post #11):

20220617_133035.jpg

The base is clamped over a corner of the frame, and there is no appreciable deflection. I lose some real estate in front of the bit, so I am limited to ~8 inches in front of the centerline of the bit. If I were ever to need to rout anything wider, I could move the feeder to the back of the table. That flexibility is a benefit of clamping the base to the table, rather than modifying the table so the feeder could be bolted on. It is also easy to move the feeder to another tool, should the need arise.
    Well, this certainly makes life easy... thank you. I think I'll do similar with the back left corner.