Thread: Garage cost...are you kidding me?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Yea, really...that's almost sacrilege! That said, once I have my shop building up, we will, for the first time in our adult lifetimes have the actual ability to park inside a garage. That certainly can be a nice thing, but it's also a potential liability as Professor Dr. SWMBO has challenges with "spatial navigation" and I seriously worry about her ability to use the garage without hitting something. I'm not saying this as a joke, unfortunately...it's a real issue that's sadly getting worse. Maybe we'll go to one vehicle once she retires which potentially will make this easier on my mind since that makes for a lot more room on the sides while parking in there.

{end digression}
    Or, Jim, just get a car that has distance warning that tells you how close you are to objects. All of our cars have had these for 20 years (they're ultrasound sensors, I think). Removes that "spatial navigation" issue. I thought most cars had those these days. Maybe not. I've just considered them standard equipment. Many years ago (~25), I installed them on one of my cars.
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 07-02-2022 at 10:23 AM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.