Thread: Stanley Miter box value

Stanley Miter box value

Can anyone give me some advice on how to price this miter box? It looks nice but it has sat in my basement for years without being touched.

I'll Try and attach pics but here is a link to view them

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0x1i5b4pi...qQ3AIrlpa?dl=0

Blog Entries
    Can anyone give me some advice on how to price this miter box?
    My usual method of trying to figure the price on anything is check the auction sites for the same model.

One consideration is sometimes the saw is the more valuable part of the unit.

Most of my miter boxes have been in the $10 range. It is nice to have a working unit or two.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

If you plan on pursuing and investing time in hand tool woodworking I’d keep it. It will be worth more to you than the $25-50 you’d get for it. It’s not really one of the collectible miter boxes.

Thanks guys

I am not sure what the model is. I know the brand of the saw is a good brand. Is the saw a desirable model?

If it cuts well and adjusts easily and you appreciate what it does for you then yes, keep it. I don’t know the model nor whether it is a desirable piece. I picked up a Millers Falls box a few years ago and Rob L was very helpful with a couple parts and I love using it. It is dead nuts accurate. I’ve since picked up a couple more assorted manuf boxes. I’ve not used them but that hasn’t stopped me from spending $10-25 on them. They are such short money and such a pleasure to use.