Thread: My first 2 completed electric guitars

My first 2 completed electric guitars

I made an LP style guitar to learn how to build this style, and to replace the One That Got Away (real 1959 LP Std. GT over burst that was stolen in 1983). I named it Scrap Paul because it was made mostly of free or scrap materials. I did everything myself on that one.

Then I completed a T-style electric called the TeleBaum or the Everythingcaster. It started life in 2009 while I was working out of state and staying in a house by myself in Dyersburg, TN during the week, and commuting home to Franklin, TN every weekend. It incorporated all the stuff I've learned about electric guitar building into one instrument, while still being frugal (cheap).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maker of Fine Kindling, and small metal chips on the floor.
    Embellishments to the Stars - or wannabees.

Blog Entries
    Those are really great and an impressive accomplishment! Congratulations. That is very sad about your L.P. , Infuriating actually. I Have heard that Franklin, TN is home to lots of Stars.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Awesome looking instruments!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Nice.

Pretty ambitious work on the LP. I see you inlaid and bound the fretboard too.

Maurice:

Thank you, sir. Actually, the LP that got stolen was at my old farmhouse outside of Leipers Fork, TN. That's become a Mecca for Country and Rock stars,; they're buying up large parcels of God's Country to put their mansions on (Justin Timberlake, Wynona, etc.). The farmhouse was 1 mile to nearest neighbors, and a "friend" decided while I was at work he could just help himself to my guitars and guns and other sundry things. I've never found where any of it went. Along with the LP, was my Martin D35 that I had traded too much cool stuff for in 1976 to get it new in Detroit, and an Aria Pro LP Black Beauty lawsuit guitar. I've learned to not trust people.

Yes, cheap Chinese MOTS inlays all hand cut with my jeweler's saw. The Greene logo was a tip of the hat to my Dad, who went by Jackie Greene as a pro sax & clarinet player for 78 years. Appropriately, it has taken a greenish yellow hue from the cocobolo overlay and French Polish. Music runs deep on my Dad's side of the family. I AM a professional guitarist in Nashville - someone paid me $10 to quit playing Hendrix/Clapton leads over country songs back in 1984.

Thank you, Jim.

I bought a black '2nd' Custom way back at 'Hal's' in Mt View. Only thing I could find wrong was a hairline crack in a fret board inlay. Traded it for a dirtbike some years later. No regrets, including the 'friend' that promised to pay me for the amp I 'sold' him with it. Never heard from him again. Good riddance.

Really now wish I'd bought the used *ugly* gold top they had hanging in the rack, that had belonged to Lindsey Buckingham. But if I'd traded that ...

Menlo-Atherton HS, class of '77.

9. OMG, I love the result. I can't wait to see more of your work!